Ronon Dex gun on Atlantis?

wuher da brewer

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I was wondering if anyone had any info on Ronon's gun on Stargate: Atlantis. He's a new character and his gun is quite powerful. I haven't seen any info on it yet.

Originally posted by wuher da brewer@Aug 26 2005, 11:21 PM
I was wondering if anyone had any info on Ronon's gun on Stargate: Atlantis.  He's a new character and his gun is quite powerful.  I haven't seen any info on it yet.
[snapback]1066447[/snapback]​

I remember seeing a good shot of it somewhere... I'll see if I can turn it up.

Originally posted by wuher da brewer@Aug 27 2005, 12:02 AM
I found these pics of a cool gun but not the gun I was looking for.
http://www.gateworld.net/atlantis/s2/graphics/203_09.shtml
http://www.gateworld.net/atlantis/s2/graphics/203_08.shtml

I found the following blurb about his gun.
Ronon possesses a gun with both stun and kill settings.
[snapback]1066458[/snapback]​

Here 'ya go... The last one is nicest. The part just behind the cylinder appears to be acrylic, you can just make it out in a couple of the shots.

runner460.jpg

runner591.jpg

sga_condemned234.jpg

Thanks.

Now if only someone has pics of the whole gun from his and Colonel Sheppard's target practice from the previous week's episode. The grip section may give some idea as to the base piece.

Originally posted by wuher da brewer@Aug 27 2005, 12:20 AM
Thanks.

Now if only someone has pics of the whole gun from his and Colonel Sheppard's target practice from the previous week's episode.  The grip section may give some idea as to the base piece.
[snapback]1066469[/snapback]​

From what I recall, the grip is leather or cloth wrapped so that won't reveal much...

The lines on the last pic are just like a cap and ball Colt 1860 Army--the cylinder looks like it's been converted to fire cartridges. Does it look like he cocks it for each shot?

I'll try and find a pic ;)

edit - It looks like they only used the top half since the trigger and grips look way too low :unsure

1860 Colt

Colt conversion

He does cock it sometimes but he doesn't seem to do it consistently but that's tv. He spins the gun like the Terminator in Terminator II.

when i first saw it, i thought that it kinda looked like the base was one of those cheapo waterguns, based on vashs revolver from trigun, and the clear area right behind the "catridge chamber" seems to have leds or some other light source in it, i also say cartridge as last nights episode showed the chamber opening to the side, and it being loaded with a cartridge or battery

Originally posted by GB_DAN@Aug 27 2005, 11:40 AM
Here are some more Civil War era revolvers that could have been used. I've been researching this too and I believe its an 1851 Colt Navy model.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/template...MainCatcat20712
[snapback]1066716[/snapback]​

If it IS based on a Colt Percussion Pistol, my bet is it's the 60 Army or 61 Navy. That destinctive curve on the underside of the barrel gives it away.

Originally posted by Jedi Prop Maker13@Aug 27 2005, 11:29 AM
when i first saw it, i thought that it kinda looked like the base was one of those cheapo waterguns, based on vashs revolver from trigun, and the clear area right behind the "catridge chamber" seems to have leds or some other light source in it, i also say cartridge as last nights episode showed the chamber opening to the side, and it being loaded with a cartridge or battery
[snapback]1066711[/snapback]​

Saw the same thing, he dropped it in as you would a speed loader but what he dropped in was a single unit which stayed in the chamber when he closed it. I'm not sure the acrylic part is lit or it just captures the light making it appear so. When they went into the cave it didn't glow.

Might be an interesting build.

I don't even see a hammer on this thing, I don't think it even fires blanks, based on the business end of the gun, which looks plugged with those little red bits on it, are those lights? That's a modern day cylinder though.

I've never watched the show, does it have a muzzle flash, or it is a laser gun?

Interesting design.

Njc--------------------------

Cool gun, I also have been all over this since the first episode. Yes the milky or translucent part behind the cylinder is lit, it was orange in RononÂ’s first episode but now look like a white light. Maybe stun and kill settings? (Phase pistol anyone?)

It has a series of red LEDÂ’s on the front and fires a CG animated energy blast.

I believe it was inspired by the guns talked about here, but is in fact completely fabricated maybe with some found parts.

And the grip is wrapped in Braided hair looking stuff like the hilt of sword he was carrying last night.

here:

Pic 1. braided hilt wrap, looks like maybe the gun grip has a similar wrapping.

Pic 2&3. Grip and trigger guard are squared off not like the old Colts

Pic 4. It looks to me like the cylinder is “cut in half “so to say, and one side pops out at an angle (see sketch.)

Pic 5. The reddish glow is visible here.

atlantisgun.jpg

atlantisskech.jpg

Pretty much won me on the lit acrylic. But, I don't think it's a stock cylinder or similar to your drawing. It seemed that he just dropped in a charge and swung the pistol over as you would any revolver to close the cylinder.

I guess we'll be able to tell more as the series continues... As much as he likes to twirl that thing around and as much as they seem to like to showcase him pointing it at everyone they meet I'm sure we'll get lots of opportunities to get good screen caps.

Here you can see the highlight on the open cylinder is at an angle, if it dropped like a regular revolver the highlight would be parallel to the gun.

atlantisguncil.jpg

Here you can see he puts the load in at the same angle.

atlantisguncil2.jpg

he doesnÂ’t swing the gun closed, you donÂ’t see him close it as all, the scene cuts away.

It's hard to say for sure, but in the last episode it sort of looked like it was a top break revolver/shotgun. There was one scene where he either spun it or flipped it open to reload it.

As for the gun in the second post, that damn shotgun certainly makes it rounds; first in Blade III, then in some crappy sci-fi channel movie du jour and now this. What a lack of originality on sci-fi's prop departments part :unsure

-Fred

After watching my DVD a hundred more times IÂ’ve revised my theory on the gun a little.

It looks like in these pictures there is a gap on the left side of the gun thatÂ’s not on the right, this supports my angle opening cylinder theory. And after watching the bar scene again and again I think the load is the acrylic thing (see sketch) but IÂ’m not too sure about that yet.

atlantisgun3.jpg

atlantisskech2.jpg

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back