Ronon Dex gun on Atlantis?

The cylinder isn't from a cap and ball gun, there are not "nipples" for the caps to go onto around the back edge. It looks almost like they used an unflutted cylinder from a smith and wesson 44.

Njc---------------------------

I didn't read the entire post, but the piece on the left, in front of the cylinder, looks like a vacuume cleaner attachment.

stargate6325.jpg

attachment%20dusting%20cervice%20combo%20brush.JPG

This was posted in another forum by digitalangel1:

Ronan's gun is based on the Colt 80.. in the magazine Starburst specail #71 production designer Bridget McGuire staits that Ronan dex hand gun is based on the Colt 80 which the model shop took her design and redrew in a 3D computer program for their CNC [routing]machine. the gun itself was then cut out of aircraft aluminium..

there is also a studio art picture along with the article.. i'llscan it in...

Here's the image that was posted and if someone has the article maybe they can post a larger scan so we can make out the text.

dexhandgun.jpg

WHat's a Colt 80? I'm not familiar with it.. The only thing I can think of is the Colt series 80, which is a 1911 with some extra safety mechanisms on the inside.. but it still looks like a 1911.

I can say the barrel part isn't directly from a Colt 1860, though the general lines are similar and likely inspired by it. The barrel assy on a Colt is relatively flat, rather than rounded and flush with the front of the cylinder.

Originally posted by Kaylee@Jan 15 2006, 02:37 PM
WHat's a Colt 80? I'm not familiar with it.. The only thing I can think of is the Colt series 80, which is a 1911 with some extra safety mechanisms on the inside.. but it still looks like a 1911.

I can say the barrel part isn't directly from a Colt 1860, though the general lines are similar and likely inspired by it. The barrel assy on a Colt is relatively flat, rather than rounded and flush with the front of the cylinder.
[snapback]1159908[/snapback]​

"Based on..." The whole thing was probably reworked and tweaked until you see what's being used in the show. Considering the entire weapon was done on a CNC machine the only way we're going to get one is if someone get's their hands on one from the show or someone scratch builds one.

I can just make out some of the words.

Rechargeable Power Cell
Note- when power cell is depleted or removed all weapon lights go out

Grip wrapped with Braided Wraith Hair

Cell Strength Indicators
( something something Arcylic hemispheres with something something/holographic backing)

Opens chamber to reload power cell

3 Settings - Amber = Stung, Red = Kill, Green = Incinerates

have a look here.

Revolver_1-5_.jpg

Hmm... Maybe something I could whip up in 3D CAD... :D

Gotta love a gun that illuminates the shooter in the dark... Guess in that civilization they haven't invented bullseyes yet. :lol Maybe it doubles as a nightlite? :p

- Gabe

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back