Roman Props Thermal Detonator

LTsmash1200

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I haven't seen much talk about these on here. I didn't even know Roman was making them, but somebody asked where I got my MK1 and when pulling up his site to direct them to it, I noticed he had these for sale. It came while I was on vacation, so I just got to open it and mess with it today. It's awesome. It's heavy for its size and the weathering is done very well, although I'll probably add a little grime to the grey center part myself at some point. My only critique would be that the three blinking lights are cool white LEDs and in the movie they look like warm white or yellow but it's not that big a deal to me especially since it's mostly going to be off sitting in my display. As usual, it's another fine piece from Roman.

IMG_1614.jpeg
IMG_1615.jpeg

Last edited:
The bottom twists off to put batteries in. It switches on and off and makes the start up, idle, and shut off sounds.

I guess I wasn’t clear enough. Does the top/bottom slide open, when you rock the button slider back? In other words, does it operates like in the film?

Funny how our brain works, and misguide us. I recalled it being a perfectly ‘closed’ round sphere that poped open separating the hemispheres in 2 revealing the 3 leds, while sliding back the top slider activated the red led , and the arming sequence. I was wrong. Tricks our minds play.

I got one myself. It's fantastic! Especially since I missed the MR one. The LED,s are super bright!
I will also be weathering the center section at some point down the road.
This is definitely another great piece from Roman!

Thanks for the post! Would have hate to have missed this.

Yeah, I was very surprised I hadn't seen it mentioned here. I'm glad I saw it when I did. I have been meaning to get a thermal detonator for a while and was going to end up just getting a 3D printed one but I sure am glad I didn't.

I'd definitely be interested to see a comparison between it and the MR if anybody has one and orders this.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back