Rogue One Rebel trooper ID thread

I finished my Caps so far.

View attachment 685124

I made a little run within the Rebel Legion Forum

So far i dont have capacity avaiable to sew any further to the Premiere

The pattern is based on a screen-used Hoth cap and reference pictures from all Trailers (the Gilette Commercial helped the most.)

If anyone's interested in the pattern ->
https://www.etsy.com/de/listing/480315764/star-wars-rogue-one-inspired-rebell-cap?ref=pr_shop

I also got the prototype cap for sale with the lesser comfy lining

https://www.etsy.com/de/listing/470756754/star-wars-rogue-one-rebel-trooper-hat?ref=shop_home_feat_2
either here or Pm me ^^
Thanks for offering the pattern. I will have to buy that as soon as I have funds to spare.

(P.S. Du bist Deutscher, Jaro?)

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I was poking around in the RL thread and someone mentioned that the "Hoth" hat had buckles on both sides.

One of the pictures used as reference from the Gillette ad was flipped (look at the accessories).
I noticed the scene is reversed while looking at the vest's.

Also in a Yavin Hanger scene from one of the new trailers (badges on the right instead of left)

Triple check your references before preceding, I've made that mistake a few times myself. ;)

Jeah, that guy was me. :p

The extended Cut of the Gilette Commercial revealed in 3 frames what i needed to know. On the left cheek is a roll-buckle, on the right is a snap. -> You adjust the Chinstrap (like leather) on the left and can quickly open or close the strap with the snap. Thats why some Rebels wear the strap either left, right or do not have it attached like the Gilette Model.

The Cap is in style like the Hoth cap but there are some more diffrences than only the chinstrap. (the Hoth cap sed velcro for the chinstrap)

The Neckveil is stiched in a straight squared pattern and not like the Diamond pattern of the Hoth-cap.

The Hoth Cap has 3 small ribbons on the lower back keeping the Googlestrap. The Summer Version in R1 has only 2 Ribbons on the upper back of the cap which are broader aswell. ^^

I checked every Reference 5 times :D
Reelo: Ja

Last edited by a moderator:
Compiled some reference for this vest.
Flak Vest.jpg
This vest looks like it comes in several colors (some of it could just be the lighting and color grading)
Tan, Green, ( ? Black, Brown ?)

Looking at this vest I did notice there are a couple other styles, one similar to the M69, 2 colors of it in the scene where the pilots are running out of Yavin Base.
One in tan and one in brown.

Massive amounts of variation and gear load outs for these guys.
Will be impossible for them to create a standard on the RL if it's not for a specific character. :lol

Massive amounts of variation and gear load outs for these guys.
Will be impossible for them to create a standard on the RL if it's not for a specific character. [emoji38]

Yeah, I guess it'll be more along the lines of "any combination of the following..."

Definitely an m69 vest perhaps they modified the collar on them it has had straps added to the sides as well. You can pick up replica vests from a UK based reenactment site called soldier of fortune.

Here's the M69 style in assorted colors.
Note that there are straps at the bottom that the battle belt goes through.
There is also some greeblie on the lower right panel.

Flak Vest type 2.jpg

Jaro Krieg: what would be the right kind of fabric (weave and color) for the Hoth-style R1 cap?

Last edited by a moderator:
@Jaro Krieg: what would be the right kind of fabric (weave and color) for the Hoth-style R1 cap?

I used a 500D Cordura Cloth. Since some of the Pants seemed to be Coyote in color it would make sense using a heavy military grade cloth in Coyote as color aswell
. Since its a "standard Color" I was able to get cloth,webbing, thread and velcro all in the same color from a deliverer for military textiles at one place.

I used a 500D Cordura Cloth. Since some of the Pants seemed to be Coyote in color it would make sense using a heavy military grade cloth in Coyote as color aswell
. Since its a "standard Color" I was able to get cloth,webbing, thread and velcro all in the same color from a deliverer for military textiles at one place.
Is 500D Cordura still sewable with a regular sewing machine? My mother recently bought a nice new machine (Brother Innovis 100) and I wouldn't want her to risk breaking it already.

I have a few SAW pouches.

The hat looks cotton.
Different texture to the fabrics.

It would really help if pix from the Nissan display would show up.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back