Rogue One - Jyn Erso BlasTech A180 Blaster Pistol

Thought I just saw this one sell on the junkyard, did you trade up for an FM? or was that someone else?

I just traded in my pristine, fully functional WE 6" c02 air-soft Evike for a weathered old, beat up, non functional FM and wouldn't go back ever.:)

View attachment 1061424View attachment 1061420
OK here's my take on it. I have has this Evike kit sitting around for over a year and decided yesterday to put it together. I know it's not 100% screen accurate, but I already had it so I figured I ought to use it. I tried to add enough details to make it respectable. I almost replaced it with the War Machine kit as a little more screen accurate and easier to pain with the separate pieces, but all in all, I'm pretty happy with it. I think only I and the people who have studied this thread will note the inaccuracies. I had some WWII Bakelite grips I wanted to use instead but they are made for a real Luger so would require some real modification to use. They are not screen-accurate anyway but are more substantial than the plastic grips on this weapon and I feel like production would have gone for them if they had them. Maybe someday I'll figure out if I can make them work.

Last edited:
Thought I just saw this one sell on the junkyard, did you trade up for an FM? or was that someone else?

I just traded in my pristine, fully functional WE 6" c02 air-soft Evike for a weathered old, beat up, non functional FM and wouldn't go back ever.:)

Not mine. What's an FM? Maybe I need to do another one.

hello to all I wanted to know if the lugger was to identify which model of airsoft or mgc is it? thank you to all of you

It's the WE Tech P08 with 6" barrel in black:

It's the one with a sliding sight on the back end (which needs to be removed).

Using this thread as a little guideline, i tried my own approach on the Blaster Pistol, made a few adjustements that i liked more like rivets instead of screws, but i think i got the overall look just right.

Everything is made out of metal, mostly aluminium, no kit used, base was a P08 from Denix.
Love your work Urlag - got an Evike kit and must get around to doing it. :cool:

I bought the barrel kit and We airsoft, I did all the mods to the airsoft myself, weathered and painted it. I had to modify the barrel kit to get rid of the gap between the barrel and the receiver. The grooves in the barrel I weathered with aluminum black and a tooth pick to get in the grooves. I ran steel wool over the barrel because its cloudy and not glossy in the film. I was really happy with the outcome of this build lots of fun.
Parts-Layout.jpg
20201020_061546.jpg
20201020_061612.jpg
20201020_061532.jpg
20201020_061506.jpg

Attachments

• 20201020_061612.jpg
    20201020_061612.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 92
Last edited:
Amazing work! How did you mod the barrel to get rid of the gap between it and the receiver?
The top piece with the 4 screw threads sticking up i had to separate from the barrel. Then pushing it all the way against the receiver i screwed the top piece in on the side and marked the new holes to be drilled on the barrel. I believe you might have to cut a little off of the barrel, because you're pushing it back itll stick out over the chamber area. Its not much if I remember correctly. I was going to let it go but it kept me up at night so I just modified it because I knew it would bother me later. The rust i just used a tamiya weathering kit (rust) color and sealed it with a clear coat.

I remember now, if you look at the recessed cut on the back of the barrel piece that's pretty much the distance you're pushing it back so you'll cut off both sides that go past the recessed edge to match it. The new holes are literally right next to the existing ones. You won't see the old holes or anything so modifying it didn't bother me.
20210512_235330.jpg
20210512_235229.jpg

Not sure if anyone is watching Cowboy Bebop, but The Mink in episode 7 has an A180 blaster. Whose the sneaky Star Wars fan in the prop team?

Not the first time I’ve seen this. The Death Note movie had the bad guys armed with chrome PKD blasters.

In March, 2016, I travelled to the UK with ANOVOS to research the original props and costumes from Rogue One. I fell in love with Jyn's blaster and picked up the base pistol immediately. In Sept 2017, I started modeling the blaster. This thread was already 23 pages long when I started and I picked up a lot of info here, to add to my first-hand experience holding her screen-used blaster.

Once my model was finished I handed it off to Fieldmarshall who came back with an incredible set of parts to add to the airsoft.

I have tweaked and worked on this on and off for years, but I am finally calling it done. This is as close as I think I can come to what I held while in the UK in 2016. Pretty darn happy with it.

Thanks to everyone in this thread and thanks to Fieldmarshall for machining the pieces so faithfully to my drawings. This is a fantastic piece and the fact that the airsoft still works is so much fun!

Jyn Erso's A-180 Blaster Pistol Left.jpg
Jyn Erso's A-180 Blaster Pistol Right.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back