Rogue One - Jyn Erso BlasTech A180 Blaster Pistol

Mat

Eventually there would be a thread for the blaster so why not start one. From what I see there are few ideas about the gun or the guns on the hi res picture we have all seen.
Suggested by ERL02K gun base as the Luger P08 makes sense but the more I look at the picture and available replicas the more questions I have. So here are my few thoughts.

Below fragment of the cast picture along with some replicas from the net and my comments

1. Luger grip all right. But from what I see the is no mag loaded. If there was you would see one round screw and second round grip for the mag (blue circle and two reference pics on the right) Also the screw looks much bigger than what I saw on most pictures from the net. So perhaps there is something other in the mag? Also not all replicas have that notch on the back of the grip so keep that in mind while searching.

2. The other thing that won't leave me alone is the idea of two guns - already mentioned on the forum. What if the Luger grip is from the gun behind the one with knurling. There is just something in the distance between the grip bottom and the small rivet (assuming it's the one, haven't found replica with the same rivet and curved line as in red circle ) that doesn't match. If the Luger was the main gun grip you would expect the trigger and the trigger guard around the red circle.

Bez-nazwy.jpg

3. Could be tehre is one gun behind and the "Rey barrel" is part of some other thing.

4. As far as the grip shape and overall Luger concept this mode looks good "Legends P08 blow back"

5.8142_4.jpg

5. And of course I might be an idiot who sees things where they are not :)

mat

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Rogue One Felicity Jones gun - ideas

Thank you for the credit! I'm really excited to get this thread going this early. More time to figure this prop out before the movie. It really bugs me that she is covering the slide, which could easily give this away

Beat me to the punch mat xD, I already bought a airsoft WE artillery luger in prep for the reveal and mostly because it's coolest looking luger of them all in my opinion.
Always wanted to do a luger type blaster for the star wars universe and here they come up with it.

For your first point though I really think the mag is in there, it's just that with the angle of the grip in the picture, it make look like you don't see the screw that hold the grips in place. Also the fact that I think you can clearly see the round part of the luger magazine in the shot

As for the notch in the back they were only used for the artillery model if not mistaken because they could attach a wooden stock that came with the gun. But some of the reproduction airsoft do have these notch even though they are not the artillery model

You really got me intrigued with the second point though, if you are correct and there is two gun ? One would be like the one Rey used in TFA or ressemble it? and the luger would have this huge knurled barrel (which I thought was some sort of stun baton)

Keep it up mat ! can't wait

Last edited:

OK, it is ridiculous. I seems that all the people who went to that fair and posted anything on the internet took almost exactly the same picture, same angle. Here is one from Instagram with the best side view, I could find.

View attachment 586599

From this it looks the baton hangs behind the holstered gun.

EDIT:

Found better one with more details, (some rivets added on the side?) And you can also see the characteristic round port of the slide.

7.jpeg

7-1.jpeg

Last edited:

It appears that most of the pix on the net are the same ones on every site.

It's infuriating. Why is it no one has decided to specifically take a photo of the main weapon wielded by the main character of the film?

This is similar to my dilemma with Finn's wrist buckles. There's two on each strap, and while the first is very easy to make out, I have yet to see a half-decent shot of the underlying buckle, despite asking a lot of people with access to the various displays. Oy vey!

I like the look of this, I'm in Oz and I can get a Denix Luger so I think I may have to add this to the prop list.
Will keep an eye on this thread, thanks Mat.:thumbsup

The three rivets on the side look like they are holding some sorts of metal plaque. For some sort of sight attachment like Han Solo DL-44 maybe ?

I agree with you guys, I tried to search for better resolution photo the whole weekend but everybody took photos with their phone of the exact same thing !

The three rivets on the side look like they are holding some sorts of metal plaque. For some sort of sight attachment like Han Solo DL-44 maybe ?

I agree with you guys, I tried to search for better resolution photo the whole weekend but everybody took photos with their phone of the exact same thing !

I Would love to see a DL-44 type scope on this prop. It will definitely be interesting to see what the full thing looks like once we get a trailer. There also seems to be a bit of spacing between the top of the barrel and the holster, so that might be space for the scope.

when I saw this I was instantly reminded of the blaster from the cancelled SW 1313 game
1383049725-star-wars-1313-mentor-blaster.jpg
I think they might have taken this at least as inspiration. However, you can definitely see the Luger slide in the photo Mat posted, so not an exact copy at least

There also seems to be a bit of spacing between the top of the barrel and the holster, so that might be space for the scope.
From what I can see they did make a hole on the side of the holster where the plaque is, so maybey they juste removed the sight for storage purpose ?

I really hope Disney show the trailer at the superbowl this weekend so we can have some more info on this

From what I can see they did make a hole on the side of the holster where the plaque is, so maybey they juste removed the sight for storage purpose ?

I really hope Disney show the trailer at the superbowl this weekend so we can have some more info on this

Good call I didn't even think about the possibility of the Superbowl... that would be awesome!

Good call I didn't even think about the possibility of the Superbowl... that would be awesome!

Now all we have to do is figure out the exact model of the Luger, like the whole HFC Mauser problem for TFA

I really hope they didn't bought a super hard to find airsoft gun/replica, still trying to find a HFC mauser in canada because I can't import them ...

I really hope they didn't bought a super hard to find airsoft gun/replica, still trying to find a HFC mauser in canada because I can't import them ...

Yeah I hope they didn't either. The good news is the base looks like a really easy to find " legends P08 "

Weird! I have an MGC Luger Artillery sitting here I was planning on making my own SW style blaster from. Guess I should hold off in case the Rogue One blaster is awesome

Weird! I have an MGC Luger Artillery sitting here I was planning on making my own SW style blaster from. Guess I should hold off in case the Rogue One blaster is awesome

Nice. Where did you find the MGC?

XD I got the exact same idea but I bought a WE luger artillery

Awesome! I'm really looking forward to seeing pics of this blaster! Y'know, a Luger-based Star Wars blaster seems like one of those things that should've already existed.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back