Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (Pre-release)

Appropriate as Rogue One has the most diverse cast in any SW film to date and more proof that diversity serves both the reception of a film by a diverse audience and benefits the bottom line which begets more films. It's a win win. And let's put an end to the notion that inclusiveness means a compromise on quality, that's none sense.

http://newsroom.ucla.edu/releases/h...-that-more-diverse-casts-help-the-bottom-line

Last edited:
It's probably just going to be another silly space movie about spacships and monsters that talk english.....

That's one thing I like about these latest movies. The alien don't speak english with accents. They have alien languages again. Rogue One had bits of humor courtesy through the new droid companion, K2SO.

Appropriate as Rogue One has the most diverse cast in any SW film to date and more proof that diversity serves both the reception of a film by a diverse audience and benefits the bottom line which begets more films. It's a win win.

http://newsroom.ucla.edu/releases/h...-that-more-diverse-casts-help-the-bottom-line

So good writing, great effects, cinemtography, directing, etc have nothing to do with it, and its just cause its diverse. By that logic, youre saying that a movie that isnt diverse wont do well for the sake of "diversity". Gimme a break. Sucks to be white I guess. Besides, Im not talking about an all white cast vs nobody else of color. Im talking about studios catering to China specifically. I dont get why nobody else sees that as an issue, but whatever.

So how much screen time will Vader get?

I don't think it was as much as 12 minutes as someone else commented earlier. It was about three good scenes. 5 minutes.

One thing to think about and remember is that these events happen days before the boarding of Tantive IV on A New Hope. Darth Vader had some arthritic light saber moves in my opinion in that duel with Obi Wan.

So good writing, great effects, cinemtography, directing, etc have nothing to do with it, and its just cause its diverse. By that logic, youre saying that a movie that isnt diverse wont do well for the sake of "diversity". Gimme a break. Sucks to be white I guess. Besides, Im not talking about an all white cast vs nobody else of color. Im talking about studios catering to China specifically. I dont get why nobody else sees that as an issue, but whatever.

No, the study was specific to diversity of cast, it wasn't making the case that's the only reason for a films financial success. And I've already addressed the specifics of the influence of the Chinese market. People see what you are concerned about but draw a different conclusion.

No, the study was specific to diversity of cast, it wasn't making the case that's the only reason for a films financial success. And I've already addressed the specifics of the influence of the Chinese market. People see what you are concerned about but draw a different conclusion.

I guess we will see who is right 10 years from now when the entertainment landscape has completely changed.

I wasn't going to bring it up, but in a joking manner, I guess
if you're straight, white, and male, you don't seem to matter much as a person these days...not unique enough or something..at least according to the main stream press looking to cause trouble.

oh well.. i will still try and enjoy this movie if it's good....as of now, that's all that matters. Producers and company heads personal opinions mean nothing to me...so long as it doesn't affect the final product in an adverse way.

I think a new years resolution is to stop looking up info and just enjoy in the moment. makes the movie more enjoyable :)

- - - Updated - - -

What are you even talking about? Who the Hell wants one piece of pizza?

Considering James Earl Jones isn't getting any younger, I have to agree with drcraig here.....

you finally have a reason to do more darth content, why not have him a running course throughout the whole movie?

Thats the thing, Im going to see this, I love Star Wars, but like I mentioned in a previous post, I like to be immersed in a film, especially something as grandiose as Star Wars. Seeing something thrown in, or something super cliche and lame, takes me out of it. Im sure I will still like the movie, cause it looks great, but Im just saying. Get away from tropes.
Bryancd You know what would be SUPER diverse and make ALL the money? A Star Wars movies with no humans at all! All characters comprised of nothing but alien races. But then nobody could relate to them... hmmm. Ok, humanoid races only. Bipedal etc. Thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
What are you even talking about? Who the Hell wants one piece of pizza?

He's operating under the misapprehension that "less is more". It's not. Less is always less. But that doesn't discount the fact that less is sometimes exactly the right amount and more would be too much.

As in: "I had a big lunch, so one piece of pizza should be just right."

Last edited:
There have been FAR better posters for Rogue One than TFA...

TFA, while I loved it like few other movies, I have no artwork for.... it just had terrible posters.

But Rogue One... man. I love the Rebel Soldier helmet poster... I love the official one.....

All good.

Can't wait til Friday.

Super excited for Sunday, how can we even be upset? This is a great time for comics and Star Wars. Hell im even a little excited for that Luc Besson film. With all the complaints of lack of originality, they just plucked this idea out. The story was always there to be told it is just who expected it? Star Wars a a vast universe, so the possibility for world building is huge.

once the nostalgia wore off, not many other people did either.

Not many...

BWA HA HA HA.... Hyperbole.

ANYWAY, if Lucas did really like it, it doesn't necessarily say anything about the movie itself, as Lucas is questionable these days, but I AM glad he liked it...

Having the guy who brought all this to the table enjoying other people interpretations of his world?... it warms the heart.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back