Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (Pre-release)

I don't think we saw inside this particular ship in A New Hope or any of the other films, but it's built similarly. Got glossy floors instead of dull ones. Maybe that's a Krennic thing.

Last edited:
Based on an upcoming action figure. makingstarwars is calling Jayn's disguise as Imperial Ground Crew:

http://makingstarwars.net/2016/08/r...ory-3-75-wave-1-reveals-imperial-ground-crew/

Why they need a Gunner helmet or combat gear is beyond me. Said this when the hype reel came out, there are two tie pilots in the middle of subway scene as the groundpounders are running around. So we've seen OT stormtroopers, tie pilots, fleet troopers, royal guards.....so what else is in here? So hyped!

Based on an upcoming action figure. makingstarwars is calling Jayn's disguise as Imperial Ground Crew:

http://makingstarwars.net/2016/08/r...ory-3-75-wave-1-reveals-imperial-ground-crew/

Why they need a Gunner helmet or combat gear is beyond me. Said this when the hype reel came out, there are two tie pilots in the middle of subway scene as the groundpounders are running around. So we've seen OT stormtroopers, tie pilots, fleet troopers, royal guards.....so what else is in here? So hyped!

Strange that none of the packaging says who the characters are. I wonder if that's to avoid spoilers?

Yeah which begs the question was she just given the rank for this mission or did she have a pre-existing relationship with the Rebellion. They certainly seem to be aware of her and her activities.

Or maybe she's a former Imp, went AWOL or got drummed out. She certainly wouldn't be the first Star Wars characters who had ties to the Empire before joining the Rebellion, but she could be the first to actually have it mentioned on screen.

Or maybe she's a former Imp, went AWOL or got drummed out. She certainly wouldn't be the first Star Wars characters who had ties to the Empire before joining the Rebellion, but she could be the first to actually have it mentioned on screen.

That runs a little too close to Fin's story. And since we have been able to glean that her Dad was taken by the Empire to do their bidding when she was a young girl and she ran away before they could get her, she more likely spent her early years as a sort of war orphan, living a tough life, and likely with no love for the Empire.

this has probably already been answered but i missed it, did we ever get a explanation on why witakers hair is shaved off?

I noticed that in a few shots from a few of the trailers. It could be a few things. I though maybe he might have shaved it after being recruited by Jyn, it could be that they are simply reshoots that they did and tried different looks, and included both looks in the released trailers... or other things ;)

good theories guys, i seem to always forget about the whole "flash back" mechanic when thinking of star wars. i have to get use to it..

Forrest Whitaker has said both looks are in the movie. I assumed the shaved head is from flashbacks and the wild, unkempt hair is from present day. I think it has been said that he is not in the best health by the time the events of Rogue One occur. Like Vader, his suit keeps him going.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back