Limited Run Rocketeer Rocketpack Complete Electronics Kit

Will it go to ELEVEN?! Sure. While the The Sound Board has a built in 0.5 watt amp, which is nice and loud, some people might want to go louder for cons. You'll need three things.

Amp, Speaker, Switch.

You'll need to purchase the Canakit 7 Watt Mono Amplifier. Connect the pins on the Canakit labeled “G” and “WIN” to slots 9 and 10 on the Sound Module. Speaker out of the amp. https://www.canakit.com/5w-audio-amplifier-kit-ck153-uk153.html

You'll also need a 4 Ohm speaker that is at least 7 watts. (The standard kit I'm selling comes with an 8 Ohm speaker.) Loudness will also be determined by the wattage and size of the speaker.

Because this amp will draw power from your 12V battery pack even when the sound isn’t playing you’ll need to install a switch between the amp and the battery to turn it on and off, or you’ll drain batteries fast.

how loud can it be made? also for crowded places?

On my way to Tidewater Comicon yesterday. Everyone LOVED the sound and lights. Thanks again Steve!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I'm stumped... I've got everything wired/soldered very nicely and properly, batteries in, sound card firmly in place, and while the lights work, the sound does not.
Am I missing something?

I'm sorry you're having trouble.

If you have lights, but no sound, there's a few systems to focus on: Chip, Terminal. Speaker. Switch. 3V batteries.

Some things to check. Apologies if you've already checked these out.

• Both speaker wires soldered and not touching at the speaker?
• Speaker wires going into the correct ports at the chip terminal?
• Look under the chip to be certain a pin isn't bent under.
• Sound is the only thing that uses the 3V battery, the lights go off the 12V. So ...
••Replace the batteries. Might be dead.
••Check all the connections coming from the 3V. Make sure nothing's loose.
•Double check your switch wiring. If something is wrong, or shorting, sound might not work.

That's what I can think of for now. If you're still struggling, feel free to contact me direct at valorreplicas@gmail.com and I'll help you trouble shoot.

Steve

Well I'm stumped... I've got everything wired/soldered very nicely and properly, batteries in, sound card firmly in place, and while the lights work, the sound does not.
Am I missing something?

If you have lights, but no sound, there's a few systems to focus on: Chip, Terminal. Speaker. Switch. 3V batteries.

• Sound is the only thing that uses the 3V battery, the lights go off the 12V. So ...
•Double check your switch wiring. If something is wrong, or shorting, sound might not work.

That's what I can think of for now. If you're still struggling, feel free to contact me direct at valorreplicas@gmail.com and I'll help you trouble shoot.

Steve

One more thing. Make sure the switch on the 3v battery pack is on.

Steve

Thank you so much for your great response and suggestions, and no need to apologize, it's always great to be extra sure.

I did indeed check all of those things, as well as the battery switch you mentioned in the next post.
Speaker wires are cleanly soldered on and in the correct terminals.
The chip is housed securely with no bent pins.
One question though, is it correct that there are 2 less pins than open slots in the terminal? That would seem correct based off of how the terminal slots are numbered having the 2 blank slots.
Batteries are new, all connections from the batteries are soldered securely.
Switch wiring is correct according to your diagram and the solders are nice and secure.

Thank you for willing to work with me on this. I'll reach out to your email the next opportunity I get.

Ryan

One question though, is it correct that there are 2 less pins than open slots in the terminal? That would seem correct based off of how the terminal slots are numbered having the 2 blank slots.

That is correct. Two empty slots at the bottom of the terminal board.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back