River Song’s Alpha Meson Blaster: Finished Pics Post 14

How did you do the lettering? That is a thing of beauty!

Hi there Josh,

I made up some art, altered a font (can't remember what) to appear as correct as I could get it. I believe I only altered the "2," the "4," and the "E." I also "weathered" the lettering at the same time. Then I printed it on my inkjet printer onto decal paper. Worked out pretty well. I was thinking about asking you guys with the kits if you'd like a few of the decals. Easy for me to print a bunch and shoot them to you in the mail. Want a few? I'll be happy to send them.

By the way, I also made decals for the stripes. I simply sprayed a sheet of decal paper black, and then cut out the stripes. Applied them like a decal. Was a lot easier than masking...

Marcus

@Punisher: It's not that nerf, I can't remember exactly which one it was now but it has been covered in previous threads.

@VistaVision: That's a thing of beauty!! Kudos.

Marcus, I would really appreciate some decals too! :love They were going to be my biggest stumbling block on finishing it...

Let me know if you want anything for them. :)

Are you guys sure this isnt a modded nerf night fire used for the show? by looking at screen caps, its nearly identical as far as the bottom goes but looks to have a box added to the top rail mount.
medium.jpg
I could be wrong but the main reason I think this is similar is the bottom front laser light box is strikingly similar but maybe ive got the wrong nerf. Great job on your prop!

Not far off, it's a NERF Scout handle

nerf_scout___hit_girl_strobe_pistol___wip_by_marcwf-d55w68f.jpg

Not far off, it's a NERF Scout handle

You're correct. As I noted in the first post. Here is a comparison of the original blaster (left) and my replica (right). Note the matching grips.

I'll print up some decals and drop them in the mail to you guys that have kits.
attachment.php

Wow, Brian!
That is outstanding work! I am very pleased to see this. This is the first of all the blasters that I've cast up that I've seen finished (other than my own work). Thank you so much for sharing. PM sent your way.

Marcus

I've built up a few of these for a couple of cosplay girls. I've opened them up for LED lighting, a battery (9V in the pistol grip) and on/off switch. I've also made one big improvement: Aztek Dummy made me some very nice painting stencils for the lettering. Much better than the waterslide decals that I started with! Painted lettering is much easier to weather nicely, and there's no decal film edge to try and hide. Below are a few pics of one of these paint jobs. I'm currently making a few improvements to the patterns (will be slightly more accurate) and will be making new molds. I've promised to gift one of these blasters to a friend here on the RPF and need to get it out to him soon!

LED Alpha Meson I scaled.jpg
LED Alpha Meson II scaled.jpg
LED Alpha Meson III scaled.jpg

I made one of these guns. but I had meant to get one of your cleaner cast guns back then. wanted a new out of the factory looking one.
Will you be opening up a new run ? they look superb. Oh and can I ask probably a very stupid question. were did you guys find out the letters were PP?
I couldn't find that info and ended up with CP on mine.....

I made one of these guns. but I had meant to get one of your cleaner cast guns back then. wanted a new out of the factory looking one.
Will you be opening up a new run ? they look superb. Oh and can I ask probably a very stupid question. were did you guys find out the letters were PP?
I couldn't find that info and ended up with CP on mine.....

Ha! That's a great question!! Looking at screen grabs and pics of the blaster on display in England, I finally decided to use "P. P. - 1724E" but one could easily make a compelling argument for "CP" or even "CF." It might even be different on one side from the other. I have no idea. I've seen some builders trying to fudge it by heavily scratching and weathering the lettering so it is unclear! Unfortunately, the blaster currently on display appears to have been re-painted since production. When I'm finished modifying my patterns and have made new molds, I'll make a JY announcement if/when they are again available.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back