Rise of the Planet of the Apes trailer

Lynn TXP 0369

Sr Member
I haven't seen the Rise of the Planet of the Apes trailer discussed yet.
I just saw it last night on TV and I knew nothing about it coming out.
It looks interesting.
Thoughts?

Lynn

I just finally saw a commercial for it. It looks way better than the Burton one so that's a point in its favor. The CG doesn't look too bad and i'm hoping the story and characters help make you forget it's cg.

I have a feeling that it has been talked about somewhere.
barney-fife-2.jpg

http://www.therpf.com/search.php?searchid=3818934
Not a fan of how the CGI looks on this one.

It was just supposed to be called Rise of the Apes. I guess they thought the movie going public was too stupid to get the connection.

Well, they were right, so I'm glad they changed it.

I seriously cringed when I first saw this, but when I saw the trailer on the big screen, it looked interesting. I am easy on CGI, but I can't say I like the look much. We'll see how it plays out.

And I am a huge POTA fan.

I may buy the DVD when it comes out just to clean my carpets. Looks like it's going to really suck.

Ted.
Prefect42.

I have a sneaking suspicion this movie is not going to do well...

I have the same suspicion. I see very little in the previews to entice the average movie goer.

The original movie series is more of a cult classic now. It's not embraced by very many people (at least none that I know) below the age of 40.

It would take a lot to wash the taste of the terrible Burton remake out of the public's collective mouth... and this doesn't look like it's going to do it.

Besides, despite the ads running constantly, there is no buzz about this.

I may buy the DVD when it comes out just to clean my carpets. Looks like it's going to really suck.

Ted.
Prefect42.

:unsure I think it took me ten minutes to get that :p

I'm actually looking forward to this one. The cgi doesn't bother me. I didn't hate the Burton film but it did nothing to top the original run for me.

The trailer looked interesting. The only part I couldn't wrap my head around is how the apes will win. Doesn't seem like the chimps and gorillas with spears would stand a chance against guns.

I have hopes this will do well...but as already mentioned here, I suspect it won't live up.
Maybe my mind/imagination longs to just see a guy in a good mask instead of CGI.
Granted, for this script, masks won't work.
I like DaFranco, but not sure about this role.

Maybe my mind/imagination longs to just see a guy in a good mask instead of CGI.
Granted, for this script, masks won't work.
As a general rule I also prefer practical makeups and effects over CGI, but I have to agree an actor in a suit probably wouldn't have worked for this film. My only real problem with the CGI I've seen so far is that I see no life in Caesar's eyes, so I'm not buying him as a real, living, breathing, chimpanzee.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back