Rise of the Planet of the Apes trailer

Maybe I'm just simple but the preview I saw in front of HP just blew me away. Especially this scene
john-lithgow-caesar-rise-of-the-planet-of-the-apes-2011-01.jpg
I think this movie will surprise people and make a lot more money than everybody thinks it will.

Last edited:
Greetings....

This goes out to "mcdavis".... how's it going? I'm glad you're a huge fan of POTA.... I am as well.

Actually, i'm one of the prop guys from that film. I made all the canisters, some lab equipment, and provided WETA's digital department with my CAD models of my props. You said they were originally calling it "Rise of the Apes"... thats pretty common in the industry. Studios usually have a "code" name for a film before they come up with a final name. For this one, it was "Caesar: Rise of the Apes"... which I kinda like better. I mean, the film is mainly about Caesar.

I can't wait to see the final film

Kenney

Maybe I'm just simple but the preview I saw in front of HP just blew me away. Especially this scene
john-lithgow-caesar-rise-of-the-planet-of-the-apes-2011-01.jpg
I think this movie will surprise people and make a lot more money than everybody thinks it will.

The 1st trailer I saw for this didn't grab my attention at all but the one they showed before Captain America really grabbed me

Saw the movie last night at a press screening and it was amazing.

If you're a fan of the original, this makes an amazing prequel and it sets everything up perfectly.

Go see it!

I wanted to blow this off, but the new trailer got me. I don't think I've every seen a teaser trailer do a worse job selling a movie - and the final trailer do a better job of reeling me in.
I have much higher hopes for this than I did pre-Capt. America.

Laffo.

I figured there was, i also figured he evolved more than the other apes. I think that's what threw a lot of people off at first was that he didn't look as apish as the others.

I'm a freelance writer for the publicity department at 20th Century Fox and have been working on the press kit for this movie for the last two weeks. I don't know if you all are aware (you probably are) but the apes were created by WETA the same way as they did the Navi in Avatar - and with Andy Serkis playing Caesar I think there will be a lot more 'humanity' in him than if it were straight CGI. I'm not positive but I believe Caesar's eyes are actually Andy Serkis' eyes, and just looking through the key set of photos, I think the relationship between Will (James Franco) and Caesar will be very touching. I for one have always been a fan of the old POTA franchise and am looking forward to this prequel.

Is this prequel launching a reboot of the series or is it supposed to be a prequel to the originals? I know I heard rumors of little homages to the original being in it.

It seemed to me like it could go either way. It's definitely in the continuity of the original, but doesn't follow any of the other sequels. So it can be a prequel that discounts the other sequels, or it's a starting off point for a new series. Either way, it's worth seeing.

Well, I hope I'm wrong and it is a good story...but to me, I have yet to see anything or hear anything about this film that gives me that warm and fuzzy feeling that it will be a good story or do well.

riseuktrailer-568x220.jpg

Does not look so good to me, and when they are moving in the trailer, it seems a bit blurred at times.

I had no intention at all in seeing this movie but after seeing the newest trailers it doesn't look completely horrible, IMO. No, not exactly something I'm on the edge of my seat for but my dad really wants to see it so I may take him.

I think this movie will suprise some people and for the sake of curiosity im going to see it.

Love the original POTA as do most of us and i feel we shouldn't judge this movie based on that.

Tim Burton's movie sucked imho except for the ending which i thought was excellent, so with that in mind this movie is a winner already.

Forgive my ignorance (I loved POTA but I have forgotten some details) but so I am straight...

Franco is the Ricardo M. character, right? (In a loose way at least?)

Also...again forgive my ignorance...

Caeser is the son of Cornelius, right?

(Cornelius and Zira go back in time, they have Caeser, they then die, then Caeser starts the ape revolution. So basically, the only reason the apes took over was because Cornelius and Zira went back in time..the whole paradox thing and stuff.)

Am I right? Just want to make sure I have that right before seeiing the movie. I could Wiki it..but I am lazy.

I am gonna watch it. :) I was surprised because my wife who for the most part hates anything I like watched the trailer and said that looks like a d### good movie. So it's appeal is there. It's gonna be awesome.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back