Rick O'Connell The Mummy (1999) Various weapons

it's an old Denix John Wayne with a lever mod and extensive cut down .. Couldn't weld the tripper bar cos of monkey metal , so I used brass to make the part and it's two part epoxy stick for the weld . The bar goes in to the lever a bit so it's firm . I then had to lighten the trigger pull so it doesn't strain on the bar . The butt plate is the original re -formed by an engineer friend .. It fires kids caps but only one at a time as there is no mech apart from a lifter. I did the guns for an indy move last yr and this will be in the next one !
Amazing! The detail looks great! I found trying to make all mine convention safe has been the hard part, found wonderful repos and great old cap guns but the no wood or metal rule really narrows the spectrum

Shoot and scoot do a rubber cast 1892 French revolver and are in uk .. You may need vcr defence to buy them . Contact them .
I had a pair in the basket and was about to order a few weeks ago, but thought, I don’t want to spend that much on an almost accurate version, I’d rather keep shipping round or make them. Damn close to it mind you,

as a fellow in the uk, id really love a set of the revolvers. I wish we had a source.

I had a pair in the basket and was about to order a few weeks ago, but thought, I don’t want to spend that much on an almost accurate version, I’d rather keep shipping round or make them. Damn close to it mind you,
I think the 92 is close enough . You could add a dummy ejector and fill in the cylinder flutes if ya wanna go that far !

I think the 92 is close enough . You could add a dummy ejector and fill in the cylinder flutes if ya wanna go that far !
That’s basically what I did with the cowboy guns, filled in most of it with Polymorph, lots of plasti dip and paint later. It’s good enough for a convention and I’ll see where I’m at later in the year! Have my sons Jack Sparrow to finish and my daughters WW84 armour. I’m Eva foam and sewn out! If you see a Rick O’Connell at any UK comic cons looking tired and sitting down, that’s me!

That’s basically what I did with the cowboy guns, filled in most of it with Polymorph, lots of plasti dip and paint later. It’s good enough for a convention and I’ll see where I’m at later in the year! Have my sons Jack Sparrow to finish and my daughters WW84 armour. I’m Eva foam and sewn out! If you see a Rick O’Connell at any UK comic cons looking tired and sitting down, that’s me!
I don't do many cons .. I mostly do reenactment and the odd movie , last .con was liverpool .

Just had our first convention of the year, had to leave some of the props as we brought the kids and had loads of extra stuff to bring! Next con is MCM London, hopefully I can bring all the extra props and I'm going to work on a Mummy inspired backpack taking my cues from the original gun holdall from the movie. Stay tuned!

Attachments

• tempImageVHqBIM.jpg
    tempImageVHqBIM.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 99
Just had our first convention of the year, had to leave some of the props as we brought the kids and had loads of extra stuff to bring! Next con is MCM London, hopefully I can bring all the extra props and I'm going to work on a Mummy inspired backpack taking my cues from the original gun holdall from the movie. Stay tuned!

Your Evie be pretty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No but we have been considering it, looks like MCM May be a little dull this year and we wanted to see what other cons are like. What’s it like?
it's good .. And very relaxed .. If you see a big dude with a beard in a cowboy hat with tattoo boots , that's me !

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back