Rick Grimes screen accurate costume

First post here so first of all hi to everyone. :)

Secondly thanks to everyone that has been posting here over the years. I stumbled onto this forum some time last year while trying to find some info on a rick grimes shirt and never expected the wealth of information here, and I’m now addicted to getting as many SA items as possible. So far I only have a couple of bits and I almost got one of my grail shirts recently but was outbid.

And finally, in rewatching season 8 episode 1 I noticed Rick is wearing a tan shirt in some scenes that doesn’t seem to have been identified yet, that I’m aware of. Anyone have any clues as to what it is?
Once again hello to everyone and thanks for all the posts. Hopefully you guys are still active here.
Russell

I did wonder that at first, if it was the season 9 shirt. Or the Ralph Lauren safari shirt from season 6, but it looks to be different from those. The pockets are different to those and it looks like a different fit.

I think it also makes a brief appearance in season 7 ep 12, during the opening montage of Rick and michonne out looking for guns.

First post here so first of all hi to everyone. :)

Secondly thanks to everyone that has been posting here over the years. I stumbled onto this forum some time last year while trying to find some info on a rick grimes shirt and never expected the wealth of information here, and I’m now addicted to getting as many SA items as possible. So far I only have a couple of bits and I almost got one of my grail shirts recently but was outbid.

And finally, in rewatching season 8 episode 1 I noticed Rick is wearing a tan shirt in some scenes that doesn’t seem to have been identified yet, that I’m aware of. Anyone have any clues as to what it is?
Once again hello to everyone and thanks for all the posts. Hopefully you guys are still active here.
Russell
Welcome! Might i ask what is your holy grail piece? It's interesting to hear as everyone has a different one as their grail! :)

Are you talking about this shirt? If so, it's a Ralph Lauren shirt.
nintchdbpict000372858341 (1).jpg

Hi. :) That’s exactly the shirt I’m talking about. Do you know any specifics? Just a tan Ralph Lauren shirt?
Sure, the “grail piece” I was referring to was the salt valley shirt worn during season 3 mostly that was dyed black. It was my main shirt I was looking for and almost had it just recently in eBay but was outbid. I was kicking myself. XD haha. My other “grail piece” is the tan lucky brand shirt also worn during season 3 and 4. The one that would need a tonne of bleaching and dying. Haha.

Hi. :) That’s exactly the shirt I’m talking about. Do you know any specifics? Just a tan Ralph Lauren shirt?
Sure, the “grail piece” I was referring to was the salt valley shirt worn during season 3 mostly that was dyed black. It was my main shirt I was looking for and almost had it just recently in eBay but was outbid. I was kicking myself. XD haha. My other “grail piece” is the tan lucky brand shirt also worn during season 3 and 4. The one that would need a tonne of bleaching and dying. Haha.
Did you just grab the lucky brand today? There was one on ebay and I had it in my cart, went to check if the seller had anything else I wanted and when I came back and hit buy it now it was gone! :sleep: u lose!

Its a chambray RL Denim and Supply shirt in light blue, the shirt was bleached and dyed tan and the logo was removed
d915a54e3daa8ba88c80e80e92251f8e.jpg

Its a chambray RL Denim and Supply shirt in light blue, the shirt was bleached and dyed tan and the logo was removedView attachment 1462922
Yeah I’ve just recently discovered the exact shirt. Thanks for the info though. :) weird why the clothing dept would choose that shirt and then dye it instead of using a tan shirt. Especially when it was used so little.

Did you just grab the lucky brand today? There was one on ebay and I had it in my cart, went to check if the seller had anything else I wanted and when I came back and hit buy it now it was gone! :sleep: u lose!
Oh, no I didn’t see the lucky brand shirt. I’ve been looking for ages but not seen it. That one must have slipped me be. Arghh.

What size was it? What size are you looking for?

Does anyone have any advice for bleaching and dyeing the Ralph Lauren denim shirt? I have a couple and want to attempt dyeing one to the screen accurate colour and keep the other as is but have never attempted anything like this before.
Also, I have the lucky brand prison shirt and am contemplating dyeing that to be screen accurate too but am worried about ruining it. I’ve looked through the process that JMO posted but is it pretty easy for someone that has never done it before? Any help/suggestions are much appreciated.

I haven’t tried the RL shirts but for the Lucky prison shirt if you go easy on the bleach its fairly straight forward. Better to use too little than too much! Just rinse and dry it thoroughly after each soak because it will look darker when wet. If it needs another soak just judge from the first result and adjust the soak time until you get there. One thing is to make sure to agitate it a few times while soaking. I did’t and the red diamonds tend to bleed and left some darker spots because they just sat. Not terrible but I’d agitate a few times if I did it again.

if you use RIT's color remover. the red from the diamonds will be gone, thus no red color bleeding. I've dyed my personal one and 2-3 for friends. I'd suggest doing both a Rit color remover run and a Bleach run. The Color remover removes the color, the bleach fades the pattern after.

if you use RIT's color remover. the red from the diamonds will be gone, thus no red color bleeding. I've dyed my personal one and 2-3 for friends. I'd suggest doing both a Rit color remover run and a Bleach run. The Color remover removes the color, the bleach fades the pattern after.
I have it but I didn't use it because I was worried the diamonds would disappear completely! But that's a good idea if it only fades them, thanks!

I have it but I didn't use it because I was worried the diamonds would disappear completely! But that's a good idea if it only fades them, thanks!
Be careful though. If you need to redye it, the pattern might fade too much. If i remember later, i can do a quick post of my experience with these.

On another topic, have you dyed your SV yet? Would love to see it if so!

Hello, I’m pretty new to this thread
I was wondering if anyone can help me identify this Grey shirt Rick wears in the final two episodes of season 2 (and I believe in the episode ‘18 miles out’ I’m not sure) as I’m wanting to cosplay Rick Grimes with this appearance as the first one I do
Thank you

08121A8B-EA56-4AC5-8ED3-7CEE3D34B9B5.jpeg

Hello, I’m pretty new to this thread
I was wondering if anyone can help me identify this Grey shirt Rick wears in the final two episodes of season 2 (and I believe in the episode ‘18 miles out’ I’m not sure) as I’m wanting to cosplay Rick Grimes with this appearance as the first one I do
Thank you

View attachment 1506675
We have this actually posted on the Instagram mentioned several times here. If there is anything you're looking for Rick wise, i'd usually say check it out as we have posted most of the ID's. The shirt is a Levi's Slim Fit Western shirt with the snaps filled in. Sadly since these haven't been made since 2011, these are quite rare to come by now! Good luck in the hunt, it's one of my favorite looks :cool:

Attachments

• Levi's Shirt.jpg
    Levi's Shirt.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 336
Last edited:
We have this actually posted on the Instagram mentioned several times here. If there is anything you're looking for Rick wise, i'd usually say check it out as we have posted most of the ID's. The shirt is a Levi's Slim Fit Western shirt with the snaps filled in. Sadly since these haven't been made since 2011, these are quite rare to come by now! Good luck in the hunt, it's one of my favorite looks :cool:
Ah okay thank you!

I think I’ve found a pretty good alternate that looks close enough
What’s the Instagram?

Apologies if this has been discussed already, but what company makes the best replica of the s3 tobacco field jacket? A real one would be ideal but they're so hard to find that I'm just gonna go with a replica

I figured I'd share a pic of my jacket. Also, I just got the boots today. These boots were in such good shape. It's like they are brand new and THEY FIT! Best of all, I got them cheap. I got so lucky!

Attachments

• Jacket.jpg
    Jacket.jpg
    7.7 MB · Views: 800
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    484.3 KB · Views: 446
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 355
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    914.1 KB · Views: 344
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    1,003.7 KB · Views: 315
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    691.6 KB · Views: 267
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    303.4 KB · Views: 438
I figured I'd share a pic of my jacket. Also, I just got the boots today. These boots were in such good shape. It's like they are brand new and THEY FIT! Best of all, I got them cheap. I got so lucky!
Jacket looks solid, boots as well! Are you going to be altering the jacket all the way? Noticed the collar and jacket hasn't been shortened, and you still have the red stitching inside the jacket. That jacket definitely looks killer on you as it is currently :cool: very jealous!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back