Rick Grimes screen accurate costume

Jacket looks solid, boots as well! Are you going to be altering the jacket all the way? Noticed the collar and jacket hasn't been shortened, and you still have the red stitching inside the jacket. That jacket definitely looks killer on you as it is currently :cool: very jealous!
I "might" alter it further but idk. Thinking about it

Hello, everyone. Hope all has been well.

I was lucky enough to find and purchase what I think is Rick’s watch. Buuuut there’s snag. When I look up the watches serial number it doesn’t match.

Wondering if anyone else thinks the back casing was replaced with another model or am I just wrong completely about the watch, lol.

Pictures of the watch in question:

FB566BE9-0520-4548-AB80-86CC65411B30.jpeg
B3B34782-C9FC-4DF3-9F59-F425EFD2748C.jpeg
D1D5389D-6E13-45EE-85B7-9DADDC8F663D.jpeg

Actual watch for reference:
6334B8D9-5784-4551-ABF1-44FF9059892F.jpeg

The bracelet is different but that’s because I swapped it out. I do have the one pictured above.

Thoughts?

I think both wrong watch and wrong back. The 3650 doesnt have 3 6 9 12 and it has date at top. The watch face you have has the right numbers but doesnt have the circular groove around the numbers like the 3584 (EDIT** my bad! I coulnd’t see the groove on my phone but now I see it. ). Is your watch face white or stainless color?

Last edited:
Thank you very much for the information, JMO. Hard to find specs on this one. I did come across some but lost the page, lol.

White dial on my watch.

Edit: I was wrong, silver dial on my watch.

Last edited:
I've been toying with doing an accurate Rick costume for years and the recent finale has reignited that spark (RIP my wallet)

Thanks to the information from JMO I was lucky enough to find some Tony Lamas on eBay in my size. They are the 7938 version. I'm in the UK so getting stung by shipping and import fees wasn't great but I think I'll be very happy with them as the first piece of my Rick puzzle.

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    209.2 KB · Views: 283
Another nice sting today with international shipping for a Tex Shoemaker duty belt. Kinda happy with how worn it looks already.
Not SA but very close Levi shirt I picked up which is a close match to the shirt he wears on the farm when dealing with the young prisoner they consider killing. My next mission is likely the swivel holster but I imagine this will the the hardest to find out of everything, especially with being in the UK.

Attachments

• s-l1600.png
    s-l1600.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 334
  • s-l1600 (3).jpg
    s-l1600 (3).jpg
    189 KB · Views: 322
  • s-l1600 (2).jpg
    s-l1600 (2).jpg
    340.6 KB · Views: 261
  • s-l1600 (1).jpg
    s-l1600 (1).jpg
    377.6 KB · Views: 363
Does anyone here know what the difference is between the Justin’s 2222 and the 2223? I have a pair of 2223 but I don’t see any difference to pictures of the 2222

rick grimes.png
Also another question are the boots in this picture the TLs 7938 or 7937, wet they look like the 7937 because of the darker brown but then the boots in his backpack at the end of season 11 ep 24 look like the 7938s but they could just be a pair of weathered 7937 by the prop department to look lighter so they match the 7938s clean thoughts.

When you mentioned the Justin 1560 1564 I thought I would check it out just to be sure. I have to say that maybe at first glance the upside down, low res photo might resemble the Justin but when you put them together I must say that it clearly is not. Even with all the distorted details you can clearly see the line of embroidery that curves across the top up to the pull tab is a smooth line with a notch out of it, exactly as the Tony Lama and nothing at all like the jagged shape on the Justin. Also, you can make out a stitch running down the middle of the pull tab which the Lama has and Justin doesn't.
View attachment 1280055
i could be wrong but based off thw reading i have been doing those may be the 7937s on the left not the 38 got the image and the boot info from Tony Lama Americana Boots - 7937 they give a full description and the picture they use is the same as the left one thats why im thinking they may be the 37s

Attachments

• rick grimes secondary boots.PNG
    rick grimes secondary boots.PNG
    177.5 KB · Views: 104
This might be a mystery until someone on set can actually ID the number or we get a really good BTS shot. Here is a comapison shot of some 37s and 38s along with the screen caps from the finale. I adjusted the bright/contrast on the 2nd set just to bring out the details.

TONY LAMA 7937 VS 7938.jpg

Also here are two different 38s that I own and show how differently they can look just from natural wear and tear unless they came with different finishes when new. The one on the left is much drier and softer than the other one that is still firm and glossy.

I thought the upper parts of the on the screen ones looked more tan than brown. They would be much darker from being soaked so it is hard to say. I don't want to dunk my boots in the sink for an hour to find out but if I come across another cheap pair I might try that :lol:
MY TONY LAMA 7938s.jpg

Screen photos are always hard to use when judging true color. I initially would have thought that the 38 was right because of how they fade. If anyone has a pair of 37s that are worn and can take a clear photo in natural light that might help.

I will play around with the screen caps and my photos to see what I can come up with.

To argue against myself I notice that the finale screen shots look like the threading around the top edge of the boot and the pull tabs looks dark which is how the 37s are.

There was also mention a while back that VM2840 was a match for this pattern too and they have no grain texture on the foot. I think I can see grain on the screen shots here though.

This might be a mystery until someone on set can actually ID the number or we get a really good BTS shot. Here is a comapison shot of some 37s and 38s along with the screen caps from the finale. I adjusted the bright/contrast on the 2nd set just to bring out the details.

View attachment 1654673

Also here are two different 38s that I own and show how differently they can look just from natural wear and tear unless they came with different finishes when new. The one on the left is much drier and softer than the other one that is still firm and glossy.

I thought the upper parts of the on the screen ones looked more tan than brown. They would be much darker from being soaked so it is hard to say. I don't want to dunk my boots in the sink for an hour to find out but if I come across another cheap pair I might try that :lol:
View attachment 1654674

Screen photos are always hard to use when judging true color. I initially would have thought that the 38 was right because of how they fade. If anyone has a pair of 37s that are worn and can take a clear photo in natural light that might help.

I will play around with the screen caps and my photos to see what I can come up with.

To argue against myself I notice that the finale screen shots look like the threading around the top edge of the boot and the pull tabs looks dark which is how the 37s are.

There was also mention a while back that VM2840 was a match for this pattern too and they have no grain texture on the foot. I think I can see grain on the screen shots here though.
I would have to agree with you I was looking at the picture of Danai Gurira and if you look close towards the ankle bend you can see some of the grain so I don't think its the VM2840 id like to hear what you think about this. I noticed that in the picture of him dumping the water the thread on the outside of the boot is black the 37s look like they come with tan threading holding the sole on the 38s in your picture is black threading. Another thing I just noticed that now has me confused is that the boots in the final scene don't look like they have any stitching on the outside of the pull tab or it may be there and the camera isn't able to pick it up. Thoughts?

Attachments

• rick boots.jpg
    rick boots.jpg
    693.7 KB · Views: 265
The wet boots are really hard to use as a color guide because everything is darkening up so much and again so many photos can have different appearance simply by the filtering or lighting. The piping at the very top of the boots with Danai looks very dark brown which would match the 37 but then in the same breath the threads inside the boot at that top edge are quite clearly a very light color like the 38 where the 37s use dark thread there. The 2840 looks too reddish all around but the pattern is the same and the pull tabs have no stitching in the middle. Almost every model of boot seems to have at least 2 color variations available (like the black 7936, brown 7937 and the tan/cognac 7938 so its not too big a stretch to think that the 2840 and 2842 could have another cousin boot with a different color option like tan and brown.

The wet boots are really hard to use as a color guide because everything is darkening up so much and again so many photos can have different appearance simply by the filtering or lighting. The piping at the very top of the boots with Danai looks very dark brown which would match the 37 but then in the same breath the threads inside the boot at that top edge are quite clearly a very light color like the 38 where the 37s use dark thread there. The 2840 looks too reddish all around but the pattern is the same and the pull tabs have no stitching in the middle. Almost every model of boot seems to have at least 2 color variations available (like the black 7936, brown 7937 and the tan/cognac 7938 so its not too big a stretch to think that the 2840 and 2842 could have another cousin boot with a different color option like tan and brown.
such a puzzle wish we could get one of the costume designers or something to tell us but also trying to figure it out is entertaining thanks for your input ill keep digging for clues.

Does anyone know how much a Tex 42a holster is currently worth?
I want to know how much I'm sitting on but I cannot find any for sale for reference.

Question for you guys/ opinions I suppose. Does anyone either know the exact belt keepers that Rick uses, or have very high quality pictures of Rick’s belt on the show? For a few months now I’ve been staring at standard quality pictures and other peoples belt replicas and I came up with these 3 potential options. Would love to hear what others think!
IMG_5146.jpeg

(unfortunately the one in the middle is too small to even fit around the duty belt)

Attachments

• IMG_5145.jpeg
    IMG_5145.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 55

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back