Rick Grimes screen accurate costume

Yeah, looking at it now it’s pretty obvious. I should mention, I wasn’t the one who made the ID, I saw a post on Instagram from a user rickgrimes_sa_ids. They’ve gotten a lot of their info from here, so it’s pretty accurate. Foolishly, I took their word on that ID as well instead of double checking to be certain. I’ve sent a message informing them of your discovery.
I need to correct you on that. Most of the information over on rickgrimes_sa_ids is NOT found from here. In fact, only about 2 out of over 60 posts are from THERPF, which is the Lucky Brand and the Salt Valley shirt that JMO managed to ID a while back.

Once we do have time though, we'll be looking over the "new" boots!

Last edited:
I need to correct you on that. Most of the information over on rickgrimes_sa_ids is NOT found from here. In fact, only about 2 out of over 60 posts are from THERPF, which is the Lucky Brand and the Salt Valley shirt that JMO managed to ID a while back.

Once we do have time though, we'll be looking over the "new" boots!
Oops. My bad. I started following the page around Autumn of 2018 so most of the findings I was already aware of thanks to them being ID’d on here over the years. I guess I assumed that page got their info from here, too, seeing that The RPF is so popular.

Oops. My bad. I started following the page around Autumn of 2018 so most of the findings I was already aware of thanks to them being ID’d on here over the years. I guess I assumed that page got their info from here, too, seeing that The RPF is so popular.
No worries! We're all in it for the similar reasons anyways! :)
The information regarding the 1560s actually came from someone who works or knew someone who worked on the show if i recall correct. As mentioned though, we'll have to look into the boots more!
So far, i'd say that the Tony Lama boots looks close. The boots not being sold anymore though kind of defeats the whole purpose of them being stunt boots, being that they should be easy to get.

The boots not being sold anymore though kind of defeats the whole purpose of them being stunt boots, being that they should be easy to get.
I thought about that, I came to the conclusion that maybe they had multiple models of stunt boots. Perhaps stunt boots for Andrew Lincoln and stunt boots for his double? There’s a ton of possibilities.

I thought about that, I came to the conclusion that maybe they had multiple models of stunt boots. Perhaps stunt boots for Andrew Lincoln and stunt boots for his double? There’s a ton of possibilities.
That is very possible. At times, they have even used alternatives for the stunt double even when the shirt used was still being sold. In this case, i'm mainly thinking about the Goodfellow Co Taupe shirt. The stunt double in some BTS pictures can be seen using an alternative shirt with square pockets. This was when the Goodfellow shirt was still readily available and still being sold at Target.

This may be getting us closer to our answer.
75FAC6C4-CBBD-475E-BFB6-E8F32A104CC1.jpeg
Check out the toe shape of the Double’s boots. Far more pointed than the Justin 2222, 1560, or the Tony Lama 7937. So, this confirms that the Doubles definitely wear different models.(At least occasionally) I suppose this also means there’s potentially another screen accurate boot out there.

I got my pair of Lamas today. I tried to photograph them each in the same position and creases as the shot of Danai holding the boots.
I had to shoot each boot individually to them to sit right. I resized them to match then cropped them all down the middle like I did before then mirrored each image so I could mate them up with the same boot from the Danai photo. Here is the result and I think this should remove all doubt that she is holding Lamas.

TONY LAMA 2.jpg

Then I did the same thing with a screen shot from the episode where she picks them up.
I tried to photograph my Justin and Lama boots from the same angle with the same fold.
Strangely enough, my TLs folded easily the same way the screen boots do but the Justins wouldn't.
They are cut differently. The foot portion at the heel goes up the back an inch higher on the TLs.
I resized my photos so they matched the screen boot then removed all the background, cropped my boots down the middle then lined them up as mirror images with the screen shot. With them side by side you can see the Tony Lama pattern quite clearly where the Justin just doesn't work.
I am satisfied that the boots she picks up in the show are the Tony Lamas too.

JUSTIN LAMA SCREESHOT.jpg

If I come across a better picture of the boot full of water I will do the same but I would say that at the very least, the Tony Lamas are the boots Michonne finds in her final episode. Whether they were actually on his feet and on camera is another mystery but the water pour shot would seem to say they were.

I read an article where Womble talks about how destroyed the Justin boots were by the time she left the show after season 6 so maybe someone will get a chance to ask Montalvo about them. There was still a pair of Justins out there as they are sitting on the blanket while they have a picnic in season 9.

I found that Tony Lama VM2840 is also the same stitch pattern. V for Vaquero line. These appear to have smooth lowers and not the pebbled which the 7937/8.

Attachments

• VM2840F.jpg
    VM2840F.jpg
    287 KB · Views: 383
Try ALCHEMY ARMS, they have the shirts and pants. Not sure if they are exactly SA but they have good stuff. I've purchased BSG bdu's from them and they were well done.
Sort of late, however, they aren't screen accurate as far as I'm aware... that said, the quality of their stuff is great and the customer service is excellent. It can just take awhile so it requires some patience.

Sort of late, however, they aren't screen accurate as far as I'm aware... that said, the quality of their stuff is great and the customer service is excellent. It can just take awhile so it requires some patience.
If i recall right, their collar pins are a more accurate size. The ones i've seen lately on Ebay are all too big.

Curious if we can find any IDs or if there are for the SA shirts worn in the first 2 episodes of season 4 and the finale of season 5. I haven't seen any proper finds yet so I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts

Attachments

• First_Look_photo_TWD_S4.jpg
    First_Look_photo_TWD_S4.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 549
  • a3b1672eec80b30e3e45de63bd036697.jpg
    a3b1672eec80b30e3e45de63bd036697.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 604
Any tips on fading/distressing the jeans to get to the season 9 look besides just natural wear? Also wanna add the look of rubbed in dirt that won't wash out. Also any tips on weathering the goodfellow and co shirt to look a little dirty and sweaty would be appreciated

Curious if we can find any IDs or if there are for the SA shirts worn in the first 2 episodes of season 4 and the finale of season 5. I haven't seen any proper finds yet so I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts
The second shirt has been ID'd over a year ago as an RRL shirt. I only had the shirt in hands for a few days before i sold it off to someone (The shirt was a size too big sadly!)
Please don't mind that the shirt is a bit wrinkled in these photos!

110599654_289128832514022_5877478700219970536_n.jpg109726221_606752646891303_4321172083148517100_n.jpg

I keep forgetting that everyone here isn't following our account on Instagram where we post ID's. Most of the older posts really need to be reposted with better quality photos and updated information that has been found since then. Here is the link to the account, it's an open account. Login • Instagram

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back