Limited Run Rick Deckard Blade Runner 1982 Trench Coat By ELS

I noticed, Steveboski coat didn't sit well on mannequin, that's why it looks smaller than others.
We are waiting to see mluder/ Steven 's coat images.
Jameel, I think it would be extremely helpful if we knew how tall that mannequin is. Since people are looking at the drape of the coat on the mannequin, it could be misleading if the customer is shorter or taller. Mine looked odd on the mannequin, but I'm 5'9"...

FWIW - I am 5'-9" and my coat length was 48" That said, I asked for that length because I was concerned about getting it too short. It hits me a little lower than screen accurate but even that seems to change from scene to scene. I figured if it's a bit long I can always have it taken up.
I also noted my sleeves are a bit long even though they match the measurements I sent. I think it's probably because the coat I measured (suite jacket) has a narrower circumference (is tighter fitting) at the neck than an overcoat does. That ended up adding about 2 inches in length to the sleeves. Again not a deal breaker for me.

Hello friends,
Here are few mannequin images, his size from neck to toe 66" and from shoulder to toe 60".

IMG_20220805_113155_246.jpg
IMG_20220805_113054_199.jpg

Last edited:
That makes sense, the mannequin is at least 6ft, 4 inches taller than me and it probably has broader shoulders, so my smaller coat is going to look short and pulled tight on it. As long as people keep in mind the mannequin size, it will give a good idea what the coat looks like at their size.

My mannequne size is top to bottom, 72"/6 feet, and back neck to bottom is 66".
This is another coat, with 44" back length.

IMG_20220805_112343_590.jpg
IMG_20220805_112127_284.jpg

Awesome!
Congrats, Steveboski!

I could tell you were a little concerned about everything lining up right Size-Wise for you... but very glad to learn you're happy with the results!
(y) (y)

You are DA Man!!!!!

This thing is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I want to thank you for putting up with all the change requests and constant "input" from us. I know this has been a big challenge for you and I can not thank you enough.

I love this thing.

Thanks again.

I can't wait to see what you do next.

:lol: :eek: :D :p :p :D :oops: o_O :eek: ;) :lol: (y) :love:

Thank you guys, please leave your feedback on RPF forum.
That would be important for me.
I have a question?
Should I start new run as second run or continue this run and change into "unlimited" from limited run?

Personally, I'd prefer to see this run recognized as the Initial (First) Run and have your next run as the "Second Run"...

I think that would make this small First run that much more Special for this small group who supported this first effort and now have these amazing BR Trench Coats to show for it (y)

It would also help give a little bit of recognition to the effort by everyone here who gave thoughts, criticism and feedback and who pooled their research and evidence to help add to what we've all learned and observed about the coat over the years
(and for some of us, the kinds of things we'd only just Recently figured out!)

So, I'd prefer to be able to say that "I own one of the NINE Coats from the FIRST RUN"
(or however many you made this time around, Jameel) :)

Just my opinion

I'm really excited to hear feedback from those of you who've already received your coats. Mine is on the way!! (WHOOO!) Right on schedule and due here in several days.

I would vote for making either a second run or moving it to an unlimited run. Mitch LaRue made some good points. Whatever you do, Jameel, keep up the amazing work. I look forward to what other gems you and Excellent Leather Shop have in store.

I left you some feedback here on the RPF. Keep rocking! And keep sewing!!!

And I forgot. Congratulations to everyone of you who've already received your coats!

Personally, I'd prefer to see this run recognized as the Initial (First) Run and have your next run as the "Second Run"...

I think that would make this small First run that much more Special for this small group who supported this first effort and now have these amazing BR Trench Coats to show for it (y)

It would also help give a little bit of recognition to the effort by everyone here who gave thoughts, criticism and feedback and who pooled their research and evidence to help add to what we've all learned and observed about the coat over the years
(and for some of us, the kinds of things we'd only just Recently figured out!)

So, I'd prefer to be able to say that "I own one of the NINE Coats from the FIRST RUN"
(or however many you made this time around, Jameel) :)

Just my opinion

I like this idea. A second run with this being the first, special run. (y)

I am 1 of 9

We are all 1 of 9. (Not talking about order of receipt.)

We are, 1 of 9. :lol:(y):love:

Okay that sounded Borg-ish. Stick with:

I am 1 of 9,

You are 1 of 9,

And you are 1 of 9,

And you are 1 of 9,

etc., etc..

Thank you guys,
This was first run that have 9 orders total.
Interesting thing is that I had done 15 coats and then rejected 6 coats after final checking. I'll share some pictures of them.
Again I would say you guys are awesome without your help I couldn't reach this point.
Now we can say "most screen accurate coat".
Thanks

Jameel, first and foremost, well done on the coat run! I've had time to really look over mine and I'm very happy with it, so thank you! I'm going to leave a bit of feedback below, but I'd be happy to post my feedback/review wherever is most helpful to you, so please let me know and I'll take this post down / move it.

To give everyone an idea on my size, I'm 5'9" 170lbs, 34" waist. My jacket was probably one of the smaller ones made, so it looked a bit different on the mannequin. On me though, I'd say it fits just right. I've got an existing coat from another maker that's a bit small on me, the material is lighter in color and it's heavier in weight than Jameel's, and the collar is not long enough for the straps to cross over and button. Because Jameel's is lighter in weight and softer, the fabric displays the wrinkles much better, has a better baggy fit, and overall fits much better. To me, Jameel's coat much more closely resembles the screen used coat compared to the other maker, and I'm very happy with my purchase. Jameel's coat is on the right in all photos. I hope this helps others.

Attachments

• 20220806_135230.jpg
    20220806_135230.jpg
    940.4 KB · Views: 194
  • 20220806_135323.jpg
    20220806_135323.jpg
    830.7 KB · Views: 178
  • 20220806_135500.jpg
    20220806_135500.jpg
    793.7 KB · Views: 180
  • 20220806_135531.jpg
    20220806_135531.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 175
  • 20220806_135605.jpg
    20220806_135605.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 208
well, speaking for myself, Steveboski, I'd say that's looking Right On the Money!

and what an improvement over your other coat!
Wow, So much better in SO many ways!
All those Details that Jameel got RIGHT that others have missed ... so satisfying.
And that Color is fantastic in the shots (y) (y)

PLUS, I think it really suits ya, buddy!
Congrats! :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back