Limited Run Rick Deckard Blade Runner 1982 Trench Coat By ELS

I guess my take on this (and apologies if I'm not using correct terminology for this) is this:

I think a lot of us for a long time simply assumed that either
there was some sort of a Split vent in the back of Deckard's Trench coat (like you see on lots of real world trench coats)
OR
there was NO split (vent) at all

but after seeing those most recently posted behind-the-scenes photos it seems that what's happening instead is that there isn't a "cut out" split vent; instead it's almost like there's a little "PLEAT" that starts a couple of inches below where the back of the belt sits

I get the impression that if you were to spread out the Bottom edge of the coat it would just be the material Without any sort of seam coming down from where the material is "gathered & stitched together" ...
I think that's why you don't see any Hard folds or seams below where the pleat is ...

does that make sense?

Last edited:
I guess my take on this (and apologies if I'm not using correct terminology for this) is this:

I think a lot of us for a long time simply assumed that either
there was some sort of a Split vent in the back of Deckard's Trench coat (like you see on lots of real world trench coats
OR
there was NO split (vent) at all

but after seeing those most recently posted behind-the-scenes photos it seems that what's happening instead is that there isn't a "cut out" split vent; instead it's almost like there's a little "PLEAT" that starts a couple of inches below where the back of the belt sits

I get the impression that if you were to spread out the Bottom edge of the coat it would just be the material Without any sort of seam coming down from where the material is "gathered & stitched together" ...
I think that's why you don't see any Hard folds or seams below where the pleat is ...

does that make sense?
Yeah, it makes sense.
Although we had discussed and seen many of back images and couldn't find any split/ vent.
I wrote above somewhere, there are another version of coat, that has different pockets placement and back is in one piece without any vent.
So, I have changed the coat design as per above image ( behind the scenes images) but I'm waiting for more replies.
Currently I'm working on block patterns and hopefully will start production from Monday.

I just want to clarify one thing, if we go plated vent, so there won't be seam.
Lower back panel would be in single piece but with plates on center verital seam.
I marked back vent area, hope it'll help you to understand.

Attachments

• IMG-20220622-WA0004.jpg
    IMG-20220622-WA0004.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 70
Lower back panel would be in single piece but with plates on center verital seam.

That's exactly what I'm wanting ... hope others feel the same :)

Last edited:
It looks to me from that latest photo that there isn't any stitching along the back "vent". It sounds like you noted this above, Jameel Ur. That sounds and looks best to me.

FWIW I agree--I think everything below the belt is one solid piece of fabric that has a single (inverted) box pleat down the center, which is then stitched at the top of the pleat. Perhaps that makes it technically a type of "kick pleat" rather than a traditional "vent"? I'm not sure, all this terminology is new to me.

isnt-that-sew-examples-of-pleats_PINTEREST.jpg

Oh yeah, it's good example.
Coat would be box plates like this image but without center verital seam.

Attachments

• isnt-that-sew-examples-of-pleats_PINTEREST_2.jpg
    isnt-that-sew-examples-of-pleats_PINTEREST_2.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 69
Hi Jameel
This morning I received a Conversation Notification from you through the RPF.
You listed my Measurement Info to me and asked me to confirm whether it was Correct.

But 2 problems:
-First: those measurements are not correct; I sent you an e-mail with Updated Measurement Info on JUNE 18th (so, what you sent me needs to be updated)
-Second: the RPF Conversation indicates that "This conversation is closed for new replies" (so, I can't send you a REPLY through the conversation letting you know this)

Please let me know how you'd like me to proceed :)
I'd like to get my Updated Measurement Info to you in whatever way You'd prefer and NOT make this confusing for you (y)

Thanks
Fox Lidstone (RPF Username "Mitch LaRue")

(and sorry, everyone, for using this Thread to send along this message to Jameel; I just wanted to make sure he saw it)

Hi Jameel
This morning I received a Conversation Notification from you through the RPF.
You listed my Measurement Info to me and asked me to confirm whether it was Correct.

But 2 problems:
-First: those measurements are not correct; I sent you an e-mail with Updated Measurement Info on JUNE 18th (so, what you sent me needs to be updated)
-Second: the RPF Conversation indicates that "This conversation is closed for new replies" (so, I can't send you a REPLY through the conversation letting you know this)

Please let me know how you'd like me to proceed :)
I'd like to get my Updated Measurement Info to you in whatever way You'd prefer and NOT make this confusing for you (y)

Thanks
Fox Lidstone (RPF Username "Mitch LaRue")

(and sorry, everyone, for using this Thread to send along this message to Jameel; I just wanted to make sure he saw it)
I think, I marked wrong option.
I sent few more memebers and marked lock conversion by mistake.

The coat is looking great. I'm glad that the back vent has been figured out. I always thought that the coat had kind of a Fuller bottom from when it was hanging on the rack at the option and in photos it just kind of balloons out a little bit more at the base now that totally explains why it does lol. I know some overcoats are kind of like a cylinder and are the same all the way from the shoulders to the hymn of the coat but this one always had more of add more of a triangle shape sleep still baggy through the shoulders but really loose at the bottom. I think this coat is going to be the standard when it's done.

Hello friends,
I just made button holes and add buttons in sample, and please avoid buttons, I'll put new buttons as I receive.

View attachment 1593387View attachment 1593388View attachment 1593389

A story by Tom

I'm a huge Blade Runner fan obviously, however I was never planning to have the costume. Many props, but not the costume. I loved it, but compared to my Boba Fett, Vader, etc. it did not seem like it would be impressive. I ended up with a cheap costume in trade with other props and threw it on a mannequin. I have seen many BR costumes on mannequins of other fans. They looked cool, but not something I was gonna do. The second I had him dressed and in place I fell in love and have had him ever since.

Nice, cheap costume. $100 Cheap Chinese trench, looked great. Frankly as good as some more expensive ones. Cheap $20 Blade Runner Ebay shirt and Tie. Great. Close enough pants ans a pair of my black casual dress shoes. Close enough orange suede blazer for $40. Done. Looks great. Until,.....

Okay many of us have been through this.

Got the Magnoli Blade Runner pants. Okay, I felt my close enough pants were the worst parts so I spent the money on these. Picked up the present version of his adidas. They are the newer version with the suede toe area but that I can live with. Added brown laces. I had my Phil holster, put in one of my blasters. Got a nice Walmart belt for $10. We have no clue about his belt but this one is very close.

Done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Excellent. Until,...........

Another member here was making the end all be all Blade Runner trench. "No, mine is fine!" Well we all begged but he could not do it. That is good. Less money spent. Until,....

A man, Jemeel Ur showed up and said, "Hey I am gonna cost you some money by offering the end all be all, be all, be all, be all Blade Runner Trench coat.

"No, I will not do it. My cheap trench is fine!" "Okay I'll take one."

Okay we are nearing the end of our story. Money spent. Done, Until,....

I am looking at my close enough Orange blazer and thinking this could be Jameel Ur's next project!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :love: :) :cool: :unsure: (y) :p :mad: :D :cautious::(:D:p:oops::oops::cool:(y)(n)(y)(n)

A story by Tom

I'm a huge Blade Runner fan obviously, however I was never planning to have the costume. Many props, but not the costume. I loved it, but compared to my Boba Fett, Vader, etc. it did not seem like it would be impressive. I ended up with a cheap costume in trade with other props and threw it on a mannequin. I have seen many BR costumes on mannequins of other fans. They looked cool, but not something I was gonna do. The second I had him dressed and in place I fell in love and have had him ever since.

Nice, cheap costume. $100 Cheap Chinese trench, looked great. Frankly as good as some more expensive ones. Cheap $20 Blade Runner Ebay shirt and Tie. Great. Close enough pants ans a pair of my black casual dress shoes. Close enough orange suede blazer for $40. Done. Looks great. Until,.....

Okay many of us have been through this.

Got the Magnoli Blade Runner pants. Okay, I felt my close enough pants were the worst parts so I spent the money on these. Picked up the present version of his adidas. They are the newer version with the suede toe area but that I can live with. Added brown laces. I had my Phil holster, put in one of my blasters. Got a nice Walmart belt for $10. We have no clue about his belt but this one is very close.

Done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Excellent. Until,...........

Another member here was making the end all be all Blade Runner trench. "No, mine is fine!" Well we all begged but he could not do it. That is good. Less money spent. Until,....

A man, Jemeel Ur showed up and said, "Hey I am gonna cost you some money by offering the end all be all, be all, be all, be all Blade Runner Trench coat.

"No, I will not do it. My cheap trench is fine!" "Okay I'll take one."

Okay we are nearing the end of our story. Money spent. Done, Until,....

I am looking at my close enough Orange blazer and thinking this could be Jameel Ur's next project!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :love: :) :cool: :unsure: (y) :p :mad: :D :cautious::(:D:p:oops::oops::cool:(y)(n)(y)(n)
Thanks for your love, respect brother.
You can quant us every possible category of apparel.
I always stuck to perfect match material.
If I found the blazer material so I'll do that.
Thanks again for your appreciation.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back