Limited Run Ceramic Geisha mask sculpture from Blade Runner.

Attachments

• 20230515_134552.jpg
    20230515_134552.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 87
Thanks guys for your kind words. I was planning to send out a message before this second batch arrived along these lines;

My batch of acrylic rods seem to have slightly variable diameters. Some are dead on 10mm, some are slightly under and some are slightly over. If the acrylic rod is a tight fit in the solid wood base it can be TAPPED down with a hammer but if the rod is a tight fit in the small wood block at the back of the mask DON’T force it! The block will split open if you do. The best option in this case is to take a small piece of sand paper and sand the end of the rod (like you’re using an old fashioned pencil sharpener).

Hope that’s ok. Thanks again everyone. Making more in the next couple of weeks if the weather holds.

Thanks guys for your kind words. I was planning to send out a message before this second batch arrived along these lines;

My batch of acrylic rods seem to have slightly variable diameters. Some are dead on 10mm, some are slightly under and some are slightly over. If the acrylic rod is a tight fit in the solid wood base it can be TAPPED down with a hammer but if the rod is a tight fit in the small wood block at the back of the mask DON’T force it! The block will split open if you do. The best option in this case is to take a small piece of sand paper and sand the end of the rod (like you’re using an old fashioned pencil sharpener).

Hope that’s ok. Thanks again everyone. Making more in the next couple of weeks if the weather holds.
Still want one…

Interested in one

Are there still some available? Still interested!
I’m afraid the chimney/exhaust from my ceramic kiln was swapped for the exhaust from my laser cutter so I haven’t used it in several months but as soon as the weather warms up a bit (just below freezing out there at the moment) I will get another installed and fire the old girl up for the rest of the masks.

I’m afraid the chimney/exhaust from my ceramic kiln was swapped for the exhaust from my laser cutter so I haven’t used it in several months but as soon as the weather warms up a bit (just below freezing out there at the moment) I will get another installed and fire the old girl up for the rest of the masks.
That would be awesome! Keep us updated!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back