Rey's End Scene Lightsaber from ROS

I really love this saber. It shares that beefed-up, heavy and primitive look with Kylo's crossguard. The little details they added (lights, unique switch, leather wrap, retractable teeth) are just enough to make the design a little more dynamic than simply being the end of her staff, whilst not altering its already awesome silhouette.

Last edited:
I'll throw some of my stuff into this thread as well-

Here's my take on the saber on Thingiverse:

Oh, hey! I just finished assembling my print of your files last night. I ended up splitting the emitter and the handle just to make it easier to print on my machine without any supports, and I also went with the awesome working switch because I happened to have the right magnets on hand. It's in the paint queue now... where it's unfortunately likely to remain until spring when the weather warms up.

I commented to you over on Thingiverse that I'd post a Make when I was done, so I suppose I should go keep that promise. ;) Thanks a bunch for the files, this is a great piece!

1579369496154.png

Last edited:
Oh, hey! I just finished assembling my print of your files last night. I ended up splitting the emitter and the handle just to make it easier to print on my machine without any supports, and I also went with the awesome working switch because I happened to have the right magnets on hand. It's in the paint queue now... where it's unfotunately likely to remain until spring when the weather warms up.

I commented to you over on Thingiverse that I'd post a Make when I was done, so I suppose I should go keep that promise. ;) Thanks a bunch for the files, this is a great piece!

Hey hey! I just saw your make on Thingiverse, seeing this made my night! I'm glad you like the design. :D

And I feel you on the paint queue with the weather. That's where I'm at now.

Hey hey! I just saw your make on Thingiverse, seeing this made my night! I'm glad you like the design. :D

And I feel you on the paint queue with the weather. That's where I'm at now.
Not having heated shop space here in Maine is a definitely bit of a hindrance for half the year or so. Prop making was certainly a lot easier back when I lived in San Diego LOL :D

Not having heated shop space here in Maine is a definitely bit of a hindrance for half the year or so. Prop making was certainly a lot easier back when I lived in San Diego LOL :D

Oof, that will do it! Yeah, I just moved last year from California to northern Virginia (so nowhere near as bad as Maine!) and I watched my ability to paint props drop by quite a bit. I had no idea how good I had it.

I knew they added the saber to Battlefront but it totally didn't dawn on me that someone could view the asset and potentially use it to figure some things out about the emitter that are hard to see. And good for overall measurements of course. I wonder if anyone has done it yet.

Last edited:
Ya know, I really like this saber more when you can see the whole of it. I love the fact that it was literally just a chopped off part of her staff that she hollowed and re-built. The battlefront model and concept pics are the first time I had seen the lower half of the saber. Thanks for posting!

Last edited:
Let us all take a moment to remember that the ends are basically taken from cheap screwdriver sets! Or possible bearings, but that's not as cool. ;) Great reference stuff!

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back