Rey - Star Wars: The Force Awakens Build (open for everyone!)

My fingers hurt in anticipation of all of the punching and stitching you will soon do. They feel your pain.

That being said, i cannot wait to see this done! :thumbsup

Couldn't agree more. I'm curently working on the backpack too since 3 days... here is the result now, and it's not finish yet :p Good luck @RPFKOV !
lqid.jpgoss.jpg

I've used this large messager bag for the base (ebay seller : http://www.ebay.fr/itm/NEW-VINTAGE-...SSENGER-BAG-/252392730678?hash=item3ac3c77036) :

kajgd.jpg

Last edited:
After I had it all drawn out on the leather, I sliced into the leather from each end, but stopped before actually splitting it into two pieces completely. There is about a 5 or 6 inch part in the center where the "two halves" are still joined together.
Then after cutting, I wetted the leather in the center and bent the two sides of what will become the "lower belt" and allowed it to dry.
See? One piece of leather, joined in the center, and the lower portion is wetted and bent downward to let it fall on your hip.

As I was cutting my own second belt yesterday, I was wondering if slicing it from one straight strip would work-- so thank you for sharing this! Would sure take less square footage! At least the little triangles left over are perfect for the arm bracer...

Does any have any extra lobster claw clasps to use on the sling to connect to the staff? I have ordered some, but they don't look like they are going to show up in time for the convention I'm going to in 2 weeks :( halp!

Yes, but it looks like I saw your post one week late... I ordered a dozen of them, so I have 5 extra sets.

Gah, I couldn't get the hangar bolt idea to work. Did you use a drill press?

I didn't... i just hand drilled it as squarely as I could, When I thread the halves together they are slightly "off" but once they draw doen tight against each other it straightens out and is completely flush and plumb. :thumbsup

Gah, I couldn't get the hangar bolt idea to work. Did you use a drill press?

No,my press could not fit that long of a pole underneath it. I used a center finder to find the center. :). Then I drilled through some thicker material to keep the bit straight. The longer the hangar bolt the better. It took a few tries to get it right. :)

-Eric

Working on a costume for my 10 year old.

Searching I seen a number of mentioned of estimating Rey's staff at 6'. Is that about what it is? I'm trying to figure a ratio to my daughter based on Daisy Ridley's height (5' 7"+1" for the soles of the boots ;-))
Thanks so much in advance :)

Also, does anybody have a good tutorial or video to wrapping the headwrap? :)

Last edited:
So, I was finally able to try out my unfinished Rey. I still need to make all of the greeblies and extras that go on the pack and shoulder, as well as the belt pouch but otherwise it's coming along. The pants are *way* to dark, and the head scarf a bit too bulky, but it was still fun to wear!

Also, I love that Rey is SO popular with young girls. Thank you Star Wars.

13235134_1073432669388234_890732509679087425_o.jpg 13254279_1106590589363978_513889251170482582_n.jpg

Nah... your headwrap looks good to me.

Pants are maybe a *little* dark... but not bad at all.

Don't beat yourself up... it looks smashing. :thumbsup

and OMG....how do you not just kidnap every little Rey you come across??? They are all so adorable!

BEST part of Rey costuming by far...seeing their glowing faces!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back