Rey - Star Wars: The Force Awakens Build (open for everyone!)

Mine is from ebay and he looked exactly orange like that when I received it.
i guess it will just take more work than i had expected. I have some of the eco dark brown antique, so i can use that on it. It sounds like i will also have to cut down the width of the straps. GF says they are uncomfortable because of the width.

i guess it will just take more work than i had expected. I have some of the eco dark brown antique, so i can use that on it. It sounds like i will also have to cut down the width of the straps. GF says they are uncomfortable because of the width.

Yes, the straps of my backpack are 1,4" (36mm) width, and there are a bit inconfortable. They push into the ribs. I've been thinking about cut it too.

This is an update of my costume. I've been finally able to finish some parts this week, here how it's look for now. :)
I was very lucky to find a second-hand large crepe silk pant on internet this week, and I've dyed it in grey (the base was creme color) I've been afraid that it'll turn green or purple, but it didn't. Distress everything will be the next step.

lkshf.jpg

Last edited:
That looks very good! Are those the goggles from kristen?

Thank you ! No, I've made it myself. I used worbla for the base and the material are a bit different : chamois leather and Fimo polymer clay (silverlight) for the clips (that was a nightmare to make by the way, but it's the only material I found in my country to do it. So I improvised with that ^^)
The pics from Kristen and all the reseach on this thread helped me a lot to do it !

I have a better pic of it :
kjgd.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone remember the page with the template for the staffs strap?

This one ?

a1a63272a7e87a99282b4290c29b91c8.jpg

Last edited:
OK I'm planning on making a pair of pants. I've purchased silk from Dharma but have not yet dyed it. My plan is to mock it up in muslin, starting with the Kwik Sew 3835 pattern. However, this pattern calls for stretchy knit fabric, so I'm a little nervous about how to adjust for that. Just wanted to share another resource I found while seeking out ideas for handling the waist and knees in the silk- looks like a decent tutorial for drafting your own pattern for harem pants.

http://www.shira.net/costuming/cg/pants-harem.htm

Speaking of dying the pants, is there a consensus on the colors to use? I have a few colors of Dharma dye. I'll probably do some practice swatches first but I am so bad at judging color.

We didn't originally plan to have the wife's Rey done anytime soon and didn't plan to goto megacon this weekend but we were at Disney and megacon is going on so two birds one stone.

I remembered her bracer when we were about two hours from home so no bracer. Sad face. I'm Spiderman and our daughter is just get cool self. Will have to sort through other photos

121ad973d73b3ca9b4969207490d4758.jpg

20c3b62a4dc41e9570fc0d6a6e80054d.jpg

400898fbbbf77334d52b5842bb2c9853.jpg

ae4d435167e6a8dd56ac417501352ab0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No...it's just an xwing helmet kit. I painted made the decals etc...he sells the kits on etsy. About a 3 -4 month wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finally (mostly) finished by big stick... that was harder than I thought!!! I'm proud of it because of that :D

I 3D modeled the parts with TinkerCAD, printed them out via 3dHubs, and made resin castings (thought I'd sell some staves, but woof, this took more time than I thought!) It comes apart in 3 pieces. They're held together just with the tension of one of the ribbed pieces; it's surprisingly quite sturdy.

Also, it's kinda hard to take a full-prop picture of a 6 foot staff! A couple WIPs here too...

This thread has been super helpful, thanks everyone as always!! :)

20160524_192435.jpglongstick.jpg
strap.jpg pieces.jpg

20160531_211512.jpg 20160531_211457.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you ! No, I've made it myself. I used worbla for the base and the material are a bit different : chamois leather and Fimo polymer clay (silverlight) for the clips (that was a nightmare to make by the way, but it's the only material I found in my country to do it. So I improvised with that ^^)
The pics from Kristen and all the reseach on this thread helped me a lot to do it !

I have a better pic of it :
View attachment 629673

- - - Updated - - -

This one ?

View attachment 629674

goggles look perfect! :)

I'm late to the thread, but i've been following it for a while, i just waited until now to make an account here. Everyones rey costumes look amazing! mine still needs a lot of work...i want to redo the shirt, belt, wraps and arm wraps...speaking of which...

kristen, were you still going to do another run of the boots bandages?

bwahaha! They are out of their ever loving minds! The staff is no different than any of ours who have bought 3d printed or resin kits from @JJGriffin. All of the materials are readily available and easy to assemble. $1250.00.... puhleeze!

- - - Updated - - -

WAAAAAAYYY too adorable! Well done! <3

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back