Rey - Star Wars: The Force Awakens Build (open for everyone!)

I picked up that pattern mentioned earlier in the thread (Simplicity 1461) but looking at it the thing is in 5 pieces just for the body, 3 front and 2 back as part of the style and to accommodate bust sizes.

Guess it will have to be pieced together beforehand.
Probably have to incorporate a modified neck opening since that is another added piece.

For the lighter sleeves / under shirt I may just pick up a lighter hemp/cotton (CA-K4)
I bought the natural CA-K3 for the outer shirt.
link

Hey guys need some help. Was wondering if any body has a line on the visor range find for Rey's goggles and also the brown clips that she has as well. I am constructing this for my wife and I am finishing up the last bit of details for her. Also can someone let me know about her back pack please.

The arm for the range finder is made from a "third hand", the tube is 5/8" x 2 1/4" the same size as a tube of Blistex lip balm.
Use liner tape for the raised lines and a bezel1/8" on the front.
Copper tubing comes in the same diameter.

The 4 bungee cord holders are 1/2" x 1 3/4" (haven't figured out depth yet) side walls are 1/16" thick.

I don't think anyone has IDed the pack.
I had my niece pick up some leather so I could make it from scratch.
Rough estimates on size are 11 1/2"w x 14"h x 3"d. (using the Enfield sling piece on the right at 1 3/16" as a starting point)

Last edited:
At the moment this is where we are at on parts.

costume parts 1.jpg

I saw these boots and was sure i'd seen them before. Then it hit me.. I'm pretty sure my wife is a Secret Jedi as her boots look exactly like Rey's. :)
po-zu boots.png

- - - Updated - - -

Can you not get a full body shot from some of the mannequin shots coming out from the shows?

I saw these boots and was sure i'd seen them before. Then it hit me.. I'm pretty sure my wife is a Secret Jedi as her boots look exactly like Rey's. :)
View attachment 524027

- - - Updated - - -

Can you not get a full body shot from some of the mannequin shots coming out from the shows?

Looks like you're in England so most likely she has them since that is where they originate from.

All props and costumes are shipped to events and shows in crates so unless you are there when being set up or taken down you won't see anything.

I took full body shots and tons of the shoes my link to my gallery is just a few posts before this :)

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

All props and costumes are shipped to events and shows in crates so unless you are there when being set up or taken down you won't see anything.

But i'm pretty sure you can see the boots on the high street. They are for sale now. They must be. Otherwise how would my wife have them?

2010 model.
Being re-released this month.

Took me over 2 months to track them down then contact the maker.
All documented in this lengthy thread. ;)

They also sell the same style in other colors.
I believe their current inventory has 7 models.

Hey guys I also need one more thing. Does anyone know what Rey's clamps are on the side of her goggles are? I have been trying to find them and no such luck.

I want better shots of the goggles! Anyone have some good shots? Maybe a compilation? I made a crappy pair for my troop tonight with the Legion for force Friday but I'd like to make em better.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Not found yet.
They closely look like they are a cut down cam buckle with out a top plate.
Almost like they cut about 1/2" out of the center of one then molded it.

@ SL13377, I'll put something together for you.

Hey Odd, Could what did you do for the ridges on the side of the staff? Could you give a tutorial of what you did for your staff? I bought the parts that JConney had and I think I am missing some.

Will this do?
Notice that the back side is curved.

View attachment 524320

All along I have thought that someone with a wire coat hanger and some pliers could make these... that's all it really looks like to me. there are some leather loops sewn onto the goggles, and these triangular shaped "clamps" pass through those and presumeably tie in the back with some cord or something. I think you could bend yourself a pair easily with a coat hanger.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back