Rey - Star Wars: The Force Awakens Build (open for everyone!)

Hi,

Anyone have a spare ALICE clip? I'm working on a Rey costume for my daughter and I would prefer not to have to buy multiples to get just one. I am in Canada. Please PM me with cost.

:)

Last edited:
this is the only image online that I can find that shows the seems on her back shoulder area. It is the raglan sleeves as said. Hope this helps.

tfa_poster_wide_header-1536x864-959818851016.jpg

I am loving all the progress everyone is making. Keep up the great work all.

Hey guys, I just wanted to give my apologies for not updating the front page yet. It is on my list of things to do, promise! My health isn't doing well these days. Between that, work, and suffering from severe burnout, I'm not as on top of things as I would normally be. Thank you for being patient (and for all of you wonderful folks stepping in helping out this community - kristenhenry70, division6, and others).

All the best in your Rey costuming ventures!

I'm so excited! Almost all my soft pieces are done, just need to do some weathering. I'm waiting on my staff pieces which should be here soon and then modifying some boots.Now it's time to start working on my son's BB-8! Yay!

I ended up picking up the replica P37 pouch off eBay, and the measurements in the listing are wrong. It is closer to 14" wide and 10" tall. Any suggestions for another US vendor for the pouch, or a "close-enough" option?

37 is a series of gear (1937) so there are many sizes of packs and pouches.
You need the Signal Satchel from that series.

You can always cut it down to what you need it to be.

The fabrics list is on the first page. Most of it can be had from Dharma Trading.

Some of us have gathered fabrics we liked from different sources... so i guess I could just tell you what I got:

Cotton/Hemp Jersey Knit from Dharma Trading for the Tunic (I also used scraps of this for my Arm Wraps) bought 6 yd. Had plenty left over
http://www.dharmatrading.com/fabric...52-inch.html?lnav=fabric.html&hc_location=ufi

Hand Woven Fabric from Dharma Trading for the Head Wrap bought 6yd. Had almost none left over o_O
http://www.dharmatrading.com/fabric/cotton/handwoven-natural-fabric-55-inch.html

Crinkle Viscose from Ebay for the Wrap Dress. bought 4 meters.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/CRINKLE-VISCOSE-WHITE-DRESS-FABRIC-FREE-P-P-/141904622207?

Self tie Pallazzo Pants from Forever 21 for the pants (modified the legs)

Po-Zu Piper IV Brown boots (Screen Accurate) Make sure to remove the green Po-Zu tags on the sides!

British M37 Signals Satchel (cut down to be screen accurate) for the belt pouch

Top Grain Belt Leather for the belt...custom made

Leather wrist Cuff purchased for someone on Facebook. Can't recall whom

Green acrylic Bubble Storm Trooper Lenses from eBay for the goggles

Vaccum Formed TK Faceplate from Cuck Ruffing of Ruffkintoy for the base of the goggles

Rey 3D Printed Staff Kit from JJGriffin
http://www.therpf.com/member.php?u=93940

Wool Army Blanket in grey for goggles

White Pigskin leather from Tandy leather for the face of the goggles and for the staff sling attachment straps.

im sure there is alot more, but that's a good start.

For reference, here are a couple of pics of my progress:

View attachment 592373
View attachment 592374
NOTE: The Head Wrap fabric in this pic had been dyed a colour I didn't like. I have since overdyed it with RIT Taupe

I should also note that the wrap dress shown is NOT the Crinkle Viscose i linked to above. That fabric has yet to arrive. The wrap dress pictured is made of crepe cotton. Not bad... but not right. :-/
Did you not like the Vidscose on Dharma? The stuff from the UK is pretty pricey after shipping and such is considered.

In the end the crinkle viscose from ebay was dead on. The viscose from Dharma was not...it was too light and thin and lacked any texture. It also didn't flow right.

I went to the crepe cheesecloth and it had texture, but didn't lay or flow correctly.

The ebay stuff may be expensive, but it looks feels lays and flows right.

20160220_210402.jpg
20160221_023043.jpg

Being all sick-like in bed certainly makes for a good time to catch up on reading. I've updated the first post with what I could find of the current materials list. If anyone has any changes I should make or suggestions, please let me know!

It looks odd to be a clothes pin but i thought about it as well....... could be something that sits on some military things... maybe some sort of canvas or tent. That way the pipe part of it could be used the same way as its used on the goggles with a wire or rope going thru it.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back