Limited Run Rey Goggles (Made to Order) from The Force Awakens

The new ones look great! But so do the old ones. If anyone says they are too big its probably because they have a abnormally tiny head or something :) I really really like mine. Thanks for the info on the light, I have been playing around with ways to make a working metal light.

I understand the burnout, but hope you keep going with these. I think you are the only person making them.

Hi Kristen, I've been following your thread this whole time. I'm currently waiting on run 4. Sometimes a break is all that we need recharge our creativity. Sometimes I take a break and wake up in the middle of the night with an epiphany on how to finish a project lol. Hence why I just spent 2 hours at Lowe's looking for materials. You're latest pair looks perfect! All of your research and hard work has definitely paid off. I, for one am hoping (as I'm sure many of us are) that you will continue to provide these. Prop building and commissions can be extremely stressful and time consuming at times. If you do decide to continue, take it a bit at a time. Try not to let it become too much like work, and have fun with it. Again, great job on these! We will continue to wait patiently :) Ok...I'm off to build something now :thumbsup

I love my pair first run goggles, they're brilliant! I have to say, though, Kristen you are really knocking it out the park vis-à-vis matching the screen-used pair(s) with your most recent pair(s). Fantastic! :)

Awesome!!!! Great work, as always Kristen. Can Dani and I get on a potential waiting list for run #6 or 7?

Art
'Jon8712'

Question for those on the waiting list:

Would anyone be interested in the larger, unlit pair of goggles, and to let me take their waiting list spot? I would really, really like a pair of the smaller, lit goggles. Besides, my Rey won't be done for a bit longer, and I figure someone else might need the goggles sooner. :)

Please PM if you want to swap! I also made sure this was okay with Kristen.

Run #3 is progressing well!

I have four of the eight goggles built as far as the base...they need pigskin and hard parts and they will be done. I am awaiting another shipment of lenses which should arrive early next week, and by then I should have my casting resin in for the goggle clips and light, as well as the electronics and I can wrap this puppy up!

13479671_10209224361822440_1091578280_n.jpg

Just for fun here is a side-by-side with my original pair so that you can see the differences:

13460970_10209224373822740_89247758_o.jpg

My wife also has a pair of KJ's awesome original goggles (with a functional light) that she'd be interested in sorting out a deal with someone who's in the current smaller-goggle run and might need a pair of goggles sooner. This has been Ok'd by KJ, please PM me if interested.

Thanks,

Art
'Jon8712'

Getting closer!!!!

I've got the second four pairs built.

13517993_10209280417863806_1998211713_o.jpg

I've also received my casting resin! So Now's time to churn out the lights and goggle clips:

13509617_10209280425784004_1125804698_o.jpg

All eight pairs are now at the same stage. Next it's time to finish and paint the goggle clips, install those and the shock cord...and then on to final weathering.

I'm still waiting on my battery box/switch assemblies to arrive. By the time I've got the above completed they should be here, and I can get the lights wired and installed.

Nearly there....!

Front page updated!

I had to bump someone to the end of run #5 because I haven't had a response or payment from them. So I have bumped each of you ahead one space!

the Top person on Run#4 has now become the Bottom on Run #3, and so on. So this way you all will get your goggles sooner, and the non-responder will still have a shot at getting goggles if they still want them. If I have not heard from them in any capacity by the time Run #4 is complete, I will drop them from all lists, and will add the first person on in that tail end slot who asked to be added after i shut down run #5.

I still have a backlog of about six people who wanted to be added when I'd said I wasn't going past a fifth run...but we will see. I am pretty excited about these brand new goggles...so i may well add a sixth run in the future.

I'd just like to take a second to thank each and every one of you for believing in me...for supporting me, and for being so patient and so loyal to me as I've gone through my artistic growing pains. :thumbsup

Front page updated!

I had to bump someone to the end of run #5 because I haven't had a response or payment from them. So I have bumped each of you ahead one space!

the Top person on Run#4 has now become the Bottom on Run #3, and so on. So this way you all will get your goggles sooner, and the non-responder will still have a shot at getting goggles if they still want them. If I have not heard from them in any capacity by the time Run #4 is complete, I will drop them from all lists, and will add the first person on in that tail end slot who asked to be added after i shut down run #5.

I still have a backlog of about six people who wanted to be added when I'd said I wasn't going past a fifth run...but we will see. I am pretty excited about these brand new goggles...so i may well add a sixth run in the future.

I'd just like to take a second to thank each and every one of you for believing in me...for supporting me, and for being so patient and so loyal to me as I've gone through my artistic growing pains. :thumbsup

Am I on the list for if you do another run? I'm in for full scavenger one of these days, and these would be helpful. Let me know and add me if not, please.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back