Revell release schedule

For me the choice will come down to who has the better interior, or at least which one will be easier to build one in if neither has at least parts of it. Things like details on the inside of the the door/ramps etc...

also the landing gear will be important. Hopefully Revell does not go with that softer simplified toy like stuff for playability factor

I want to display it landed much like this (sans cutaway)

I already have some 3D printed Blurrg and a Mandalorian and child. Just need s suitable IG-11 and Cara Dune

Of course I may not be able to resist both. One for an in flight display and one for the landed dio

ha6QLrr.png

The Razorcrest molding look very nice. That they appear to have made the entire keel as one piece, is very nice indeed.

The Razorcrest molding look very nice. That they appear to have made the entire keel as one piece, is very nice indeed.
Looking at both articles of the TIE Fighter & Razor Crest, they appear to be test samples and not the final product which is pre-painted and with different coloured parts.

Looking at both articles of the TIE Fighter & Razor Crest, they appear to be test samples and not the final product which is pre-painted and with different coloured parts.
Yeah, the Razorcrest is definitely a 'test shot' (article says so) and not the final product, but is still encouraging.

I'm surprised Revell is making an interior. I guess there is room for upgrades, like a set of carbonite frozen quarries.

TazMan2000

Wow the Revell kit looks really impressive!

It also looks like it has a basic interior as well that is ripe for some additional detailing

Can't wait

Well, I for one am looking forward to this kit and am waiting on my pre-order to arrive one day. The parts are really nicely detailed and look quite fine in places. I'm going to look at casting some of those parts for future scratch building endeavors myself.
The interior looks fantastic as a base for detailing.
The scheme alternatives go a long way too
The cockpit looks primed for lighting.
The only negative I thought of was that the window frames seem a tad too thick / wide but that's it
As for the engine seams - yeah they'll be a source of irration for sure but nothing insurmountable that putty won't fix
Can't wait to get mine

Well, based on what I am reading and hearing from manufacturers from Hasbro on to textiles and nearly everything else we buy stateside - if it's made in China - it is likely to be an incredible length of time before fulfillment at much, much higher prices - if it gets made and shipped at all.

Yah, that's a deal breaker for me.
I don't even know why I'm watching this thread. I swore 15 years ago I'd never buy another Revell kit as long as I lived.

I've been pretty vocal against Revell for releasing some pretty lame effort models in the past, but I won't swear off of buying anything from Revell, because, like the saying, "Every dog has his day" could mean that even Revell will release something good once in a while.

Guaranteed that I won't buy two, as in one from Round 2 and one from Revell, but I will judge the results as they come in and the winner gets my money.

TazMan2000

New photo of the Revell Mandalorian Outland TIE Fighter model has surfaced:

Nice that Revell thought of making that, although it is a shame that it is not a 1:72 scale.

Just pondering on the concept though... I assume that this wing-folding feature must have been with the TIE fighters since the very begining, just none of the films in the past touched the topic before of how a TIE lands if there isn't a hanging-dock available. Even since ANH I have always wondered how the pilots got down from the cockpit after landing on open terrain, if for example no one was there to supply a ladder for them.

Thanks for the share.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back