Republic commando bucket

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

reelprops

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
After searching and searching for a decent helmet and after being told "good luck" finding one, i've decided to break out the sculpting tools and buy tons of clay. Now I need good reference photos. Can anyone help out there?

Reel

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

dashrender

Wow, this is quite an undertaking. Have you modeled stuff in clay before? I might be interested when you finish.

Thanks

CTF

Sr Member
Weird... I was just talking to a bud 'bout this today (well he was telling me 'bout it) when we were building his 501st Clone up, he told me 'bout some really awesome RC lids. Shoot me a PM and I'll forward what I know. :)

fettster

Sr Member
im halfway through one myself,

unfortunatly i had to pack it away until i move house.

Im using sintra and rigid foam.

Its quite an easy helmet to get down if you get a good understanding of the shape and proportions.

good luck

greatgarlando

Go to clonetroopers.net the have a fourm dedicated to RC helmets and armor. I believe they have plenty of pics as well

reelprops

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
thanks for all the responses and info. I have done many sculpts in the past, this will be my 4th bucket. Sometimes when the helmet you really want is not avail. ya gotta do it yourself. I will post progress pics from start to finish if someone will host for me.

Reel

Immortal Goat

Thanks to this thread, I now know what clone I'm going to do after I finish my Biker Scout (sometime this summer). Thanks a lot for showing me what to blow my money on next, lol.

thorssoli

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I don't mean to hijack your thread, but here's as far as I got with my RC sculpt a while back.

I scrapped it in favor of other projects.

I suppose I could start another one.