Replica \ print of Indiana Jones matte painting

orinoco72905

I've been looking all over for some opinions on this indiana jones matte panting.

BTSRaidersWarehouseMatte.jpeg

I've only found 2 photos of prints online, one at some site called Ketzer which has no contact info that I can see http://ketzer.com/movie_props_replicas/IJ_painting.html and this picture

raiders-matte.jpg

The only published item is out of the brilliant book Industrial Light & Magic: The Art of Special Effects book but I'd rather not butcher a book. Anybody have any thoughts on where to look for something like this?

I believe he is a member here but hasn't been on the board for a couple weeks. So we can call him to the party to see if he can give you info on where he got the print. Ketzer.com

I know his site states that the print is no longer in his collection, but he might still be able to answer questions about it for you. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
HD screencap is hard to find and I don't have a way to capture it off the blu ray. Plus the version you see in the film is not the complete painting. I would guess maybe 2/3rds at most.

Maybe you don't have to destroy your ILM book, but scan it is high resolution sections, then seamlessly piece it all together in Photoshop and print it out at a large poster size.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back