Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny - "Destiny Journal"

Sarednab

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hi guys,
I’m glad to show you my latest custom creation:
The Indiana Jones "Destiny" Journal!
THE very book we see on the train in the new film’s adventurous opening with every page brimming with details and facts of Indy’s previous adventures.

This journal was created in collaboration with my dear friend and Indiana Jones collector, thegreatgalling
We worked steadily for TWO MONTHS, day and night, every day, every week, always… side by side on an original written book that also contains the pages we see on film and even unseen movie pages gleaned from a Japanese promotional magazine.
We poured through hundreds of pages of historical references while we communicated over hundreds of video calls, chats, emails, just to ensure every detail would be perfect.

This journal begins in 1938, immediately after the events of Last Crusade transpire.
The book goes on to detail Indiana’s exciting quest for the Holy Lance, the spear of Longinus, also known as the Spear of Destiny.
As all we know in 1944, Indy finds a fake Lance in a Nazi Train in France. The journal picks up once Indy leaves the train and continues as his quest evolves for the Dial of Destiny.
The entire original story is written in first person and includes some of Indy’s deepest thoughts and emotions.
We even poured over read entries of the Young Indy diaries to match his writing tone.
You’ll think like indy, you’ll laugh with some of his stories and you’ll cry with others.

The journal not only chronicles the entire comic series of the “Spear of Destiny” but continues with the latest film’s events.
For this reason this was called “Destiny Journal”.
The book seamlessly connects both the Spear and Dial of destiny in one of Indy’s greatest adventures!

This Journal has more than 160 packed pages with drawings (more than 100, all custom and all handraw) and text. Talking of size, this is a BIG boy compared to the Indy’s father’s diary (yes, the Grail Diary).
As you can see in the movie it’s size is big!
This diary WILL NOT be heavy aged, like the grail diary. This will have a very light aging on it and it will be print in a special ivory paper.

We are still working on inserts. But there won’t be many for the book’s overall shape and accuracy.
This Journal will not have the black elastic band to close it so, if we’ll put more than 15 inserts I fear it will never stay closed. We’ll see. But we already found very nice inserts!
I hope you’ll like it!

I would like to thank the people who have supported me and help me during these months of work! shinema , tigersharktoo and my adventure friends Marco and Fabio!

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

Last edited:
Sarednab very keen to see the final version and to acquire it if it fits my purpose of course.

Just a timeline question:

You wrote this story starts right after The Last Crusade and continues until Dial of Destiny.

Well, in 1939 we had another not very tiny adventure of Indy‘s happening, called Fate of Atlantis.
Since you already mix up Spear with Dial, should you not consider to squeeze the few pages you already did for Fate into this diary as well?
It could function as a story in a story - you know; Indy’s being on the search for the spear, but being sidetracked by Kerner when found out about Atlantis and Orichalcum. And then following it until Atlantis sinks and he gets away with Sophia in an UBoat. After that event he picks up his search for the spear again by getting a further hint. That all could give everything even a further boost.
At least my thoughts.

Yes the first entry was in 1938, the reason will be revealed when you’ll read the book ;)
But… he started this book for the spear. Indy could live 1000 adventure before his quest for the spear, but he started book (this book) only for the spear

Sarednab very keen to see the final version and to acquire it if it fits my purpose of course.

You wrote this story starts right after The Last Crusade and continues until Dial of Destiny.

Well, in 1939 we had another not very tiny adventure of Indy‘s happening, called Fate of Atlantis.
Since you already mix up Spear with Dial, should you not consider to squeeze the few pages you already did for Fate into this diary as well?
It could function as a story in a story - you know; Indy’s being on the search for the spear, but being sidetracked by Kerner when found out about Atlantis and Orichalcum. And then following it until Atlantis sinks and he gets away with Sophia in an UBoat. After that event he picks up his search for the spear again by getting a further hint. That all could give everything even a further boost.
At least my thoughts.
In this case there is a perfect tie in between Indy’s search for the lance, which now ends at the beginning of the film, and the dial. The writing makes why very clear.

We envision Indy would have multiple journals covering multiple adventures.

If he were to include everything that happened to Indy since 1938, then he'd have to make room not only for Fate of Atlantis, but also The Staff of Kings, The Infernal Machine, both Kingdom of the Crystal Skull and the Roswell incident alluded to in Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, etc. So I think he made a good call suggesting it's a notebook only about the Holy Lance, which then transitions to the Dial of Destiny, since in the movie the Lance ends up directly connected to the Dial through the Basil guy.

Thank you Liberance , you are correct. This journal is specifically about Indy’s journey to find the spear, which transitions to the dial just like the film. While I may have other projects that focus on Indy’s adventures more broadly, this book’s focus really ties perfectly with the film and is a love letter to the spear comics. These two adventures are interwoven and an important part of Indy’s life and we have imagined his detailed research that filled up a book on its own.

Last edited:
We choose this cowhide leather for this book.
What do you think?

Attachments

• 9ab7a5d2-8ccf-4ea6-a238-a4bd326f842a.jpeg
    9ab7a5d2-8ccf-4ea6-a238-a4bd326f842a.jpeg
    50.4 KB · Views: 89
  • 71368089-5d47-4a97-ad53-4064c9f3dd39.jpeg
    71368089-5d47-4a97-ad53-4064c9f3dd39.jpeg
    34.8 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_9487.jpeg
    IMG_9487.jpeg
    801.2 KB · Views: 95
  • 68f2e944-1e80-4718-bd03-3ce4afbdf08c.jpeg
    68f2e944-1e80-4718-bd03-3ce4afbdf08c.jpeg
    52.2 KB · Views: 82
Sarednab Don't know, my impression is that you laether of choice tends towards yellowish brown while the original prop looks slightly more red.

Has really no one ever been closer to these props to take more detailed pictures?
I seriously cannot believe this.
I would'be probably shot the heck out of my iphone or camera if I was there.

You’re correct, this leather is not good.
Reason is that pics made to the original diary have some altered light.
We reworked it and this is the correct color.
I’m searching for the correct leather ;)

Attachments

• IMG_0794.jpeg
    IMG_0794.jpeg
    127.8 KB · Views: 101
I’m binding the first 10 book (anyway I’m waiting the leather to finish binding process), almost all reserved.
In meantime me and Joseph working on inserts (I think we just finish last insert today).
I supposed to have maximum 15 inserts but…we did more.
I’ll start a interest thread here and on COW very very soon

Ok, we got the leather!
I’ll start interested thread very soon

Attachments

• 2f4bb8cd-7004-46e9-b2d3-5384c50dd3bb.jpeg
    2f4bb8cd-7004-46e9-b2d3-5384c50dd3bb.jpeg
    30.4 KB · Views: 44
Hi Sarednab! It's been a long time but I'm happy to have popped into RPF to see what's happening. Please put me on the interest list when you start it. Your Destiny Diary will go beautifully with your Memoirs Diary and Grail Diary.
Best regards!

Hi Sarednab! It's been a long time but I'm happy to have popped into RPF to see what's happening. Please put me on the interest list when you start it. Your Destiny Diary will go beautifully with your Memoirs Diary and Grail Diary.
Best regards!
Many thanks!
First book is ready! I'll complete it with inserts and I'll prepare the photos for the interest thread. It will go up next week.
In meantime, these are the inserts:

Insert List:

- Baz's letter (1945)
- Ferramenta Bill (scan from original prop)
- Henry Sr. letter to Indy (1945)
- Baz note time (thanks to E. Shin)
- Helena Sketch Ship (thanks to E. Shin)
- Queen Mary Ticket (1938)
- New York Metro Ticket
- Taxi Card
- Pics with Indy and Young Helena
- Pics with Indy and Sallah (thanks to E. Shin)
- Pics with Indy, Young Helena and Baz (thanks to E. Shin)
- Marion's Picture (thanks to E. Shin)
- Mutt Picture (thanks to E. Shin)
- Henry Sr. Picture (thanks to E. Shin)
- Nazi Colonel Picture
- 2 UK postmark 1948/1950
- Piece of ancient Greek Map
- Marocco Banknote (10 Dirham 1969)
- Italian Banknote (1000 lire 1969)
- 2 Bus Ticket (New York Transfer 1969)
- Piece of Greek Newspaper (1902)
- Helena Newspaper
- Atomic Bomb Newspaper (1945)
- Indy Wanted for Murderer Newspaper
- Indy Innocent Newspaper

IMG_0987 copia.jpg

IMG_0996 copia.jpg

Hello, I read your report about the Indiana Jones book today with great interest
Would you buy the book and if so how much does it cost? Greetings Michael

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back