Replica \ print of Indiana Jones matte painting

Discussion in 'Replica Props' started by orinoco72905, Aug 1, 2015.

1. orinoco72905

orinoco72905 New Member

I've been looking all over for some opinions on this indiana jones matte panting.

BTSRaidersWarehouseMatte.jpeg

I've only found 2 photos of prints online, one at some site called Ketzer which has no contact info that I can see http://ketzer.com/movie_props_replicas/IJ_painting.html and this picture

raiders-matte.jpg

The only published item is out of the brilliant book Industrial Light & Magic: The Art of Special Effects book but I'd rather not butcher a book. Anybody have any thoughts on where to look for something like this?

2. Moviefreak

Moviefreak Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I believe he is a member here but hasn't been on the board for a couple weeks. So we can call him to the party to see if he can give you info on where he got the print. Ketzer.com

I know his site states that the print is no longer in his collection, but he might still be able to answer questions about it for you. ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2018
  3. orinoco72905

orinoco72905 New Member

4. Mike J.

Mike J. Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

HD screencap not good enough?

5. orinoco72905

orinoco72905 New Member

HD screencap is hard to find and I don't have a way to capture it off the blu ray. Plus the version you see in the film is not the complete painting. I would guess maybe 2/3rds at most.

6. Pascal Kurosawa

Pascal Kurosawa Active Member

7. Moviefreak

Moviefreak Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Maybe you don't have to destroy your ILM book, but scan it is high resolution sections, then seamlessly piece it all together in Photoshop and print it out at a large poster size.

8. orinoco72905

orinoco72905 New Member