Replica Catwoman Costume

Givez4eeCuddlez

So for the longest time now I have been trying to find someone who can replicate the Catwoman costume from the video game Arkham City. I have tried tons of cosplay sites and they all refused to take the commission, saying that the costume was far to complex for them. I have contacted UD Replicas in the hopes that they might take it although I have not heard from them. I am trying on here as well to see if anyone would be willing to take this commission. I have an album full of pictures for those who don't know what the costume looks like. That can be found by clicking this link: Catwoman

[...]

Last edited by a moderator:
I really like this version of Catwoman's costume, but as someone who majored in fashion design in college, I gotta say it's a pretty crazy and unreal look. I understand that the concept artist doesn't have an apparel design background. The seams are just too wild, mainly on the back and sleeves. it would take months to get this costume up to snuff, not to mention the custom fabric required for the areas with the geometric shape pattern, and in the end I doubt it would look as close to the in-game version as one would want. I actually started to design this for myself and ended up reworking everything in order to have seams that made sense and were functional and it ended up quite different from this one. Good luck, but even if ya find someone to do it, I doubt it will end up looking 100% like the one in game, but there's always the chance that I'm wrong.

I plan to make this myself, but yes Amazon is correct. I think GstQ did a very nice job with it, especially considering she made it with limited ref. images before the game came out. But I think the printed fabric her customer supplied was a bit too light for the 'dark' look and she omitted some seam detailing. Maybe after a month or two of pattern drafting I'll be able to work in all that insanity. =P
Anyhow, in looking for a commissioner to do this for you, you need to be totally prepared for the cost, as someone who does commission work I can guarantee you that this would take A LOT of work and be very expensive. Best of luck.

I plan to make this myself, but yes Amazon is correct. I think GstQ did a very nice job with it, especially considering she made it with limited ref. images before the game came out. But I think the printed fabric her customer supplied was a bit too light for the 'dark' look and she omitted some seam detailing. Maybe after a month or two of pattern drafting I'll be able to work in all that insanity. =P
Anyhow, in looking for a commissioner to do this for you, you need to be totally prepared for the cost, as someone who does commission work I can guarantee you that this would take A LOT of work and be very expensive. Best of luck.

I thought the custom fabric was too light too. In the photos from the game it looks like the geometric shapes are a dark gray on a black background. When I initially saw it, I thought it would be cool to create it with a mesh fabric with the same or similar structure as the geometric one in game. It could be mounted on another stretch fabric. The toughy would be finding the proper mesh that would also stretch. This talk of it is really making me want to attempt this, despite my full-on cynicism, lol. It would be one headache inducing costume to construct though, especially if one really wants it to look as it does in game >_<

Haha YUP! I'm trying to find something similar to what the spirderman costumers on here use (hopefully) to give the pattern a cool texture, but keep the stretchy factor as the suit needs to be skin tight. Def. will require some tests.
I KNOW this thing is going to be hours and hours of pattern drafting and test fitting. Thats the fun part right? HA

I would love to know of a textured paint that one can put on lycra. I need to make a 'weave' pattern for our N7 Armor under suits, and honestly black 'puffy' fabric paint looks right, till you stretch the lycra.

I would love to know of a textured paint that one can put on lycra. I need to make a 'weave' pattern for our N7 Armor under suits, and honestly black 'puffy' fabric paint looks right, till you stretch the lycra.

If you dig around on the forums you can see multiple posts of people using plastisol inks and urethane castings to make 3d prints that can be adhered to the top of fabrics. However a lot of these need to be made by professionals, so you'd need to find a textile producer to make it for you and it'd be very expensive.

Found a photo of one of the mesh fabrics I've come across in person. I have one very similar to this but in black. Something like this could be an option especially if found in white and with the proper fiber content susceptible to dyes.

1 yd Kelly Green MESH big hole 2 way stretch FABRIC dance 58" | eBay

A nice texture sure, but not really the geometric 'honeycomb'ish pattern she has.

If you dig around on the forums you can see multiple posts of people using plastisol inks and urethane castings to make 3d prints that can be adhered to the top of fabrics. However a lot of these need to be made by professionals, so you'd need to find a textile producer to make it for you and it'd be very expensive.

A nice texture sure, but not really the geometric 'honeycomb'ish pattern she has.

Yeah, but I've never come across the pattern Kitty has. If it really didn't exist and all else failed I might be content with a diamond shape large mesh, but I dunno. There must be some way to craft such a thing though.

I have actually found someone to make the costume for me. Yes it will be expensive but the end result is going to be an exact replica of the Catwoman costume from Arkham City. I have seen their work and it is flawless. Since this costume will debut at NY Comic Con 2012, I have a whole year.

Hey guys, I`m tackling this one right now and as for the bodysuit testing and measurements, what worked for me was to get some extra fabric of the one I`m using, making half a catsuit and one sleeve, then drafting the designs over it and it worked pretty well for me. I wish I had a pic of it before I cut it but I was too over excited at the moment and cut it right away, I`ll have pics of the parts soon if anybody wants to see. I put all the details in it so it`s pretty true to the original design. I`m still waiting to have my fabric printed so I only cut the plain parts but When i get the whole thing cut I`ll be sure to post stuff here n.n

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back