Rendili Corvette (sketch-up)

Exxos

I came across this work from last year and figured I would share it. It's probably not appropriate since it is not a real model and not made of unadulterated awesome like SteveStarkiller's, but here it is.

This is the Rendili Corvette from the Star Wars RPG as featured in the 2nd Edition Core Rulebook, Tramp Freighters, and The Far Orbit Project.

As opposed to Fractalsponge's, which is based off the blockier version and I just write that off as that Rendili made two versions, this is the sleeker, more fragile version.

I gave up the project because I figured out how many mistakes I was making and that it got to the point where it took 3 minutes to orbit and pan it. :lol

My hope was to eventually build this at 1:100 scale (180cm), but my friend and I could not figure out a way to support the mandibles without sagging until we had access to welding.

Though, if nothing else, this actually proves that I am not just a flapping head and sometimes do things. :lol

Rendili_light_corvette_051712_top_zps51470804.png

Rendili_light_corvette_051712_sexybutt_zps399e2c47.png

Rendili_light_corvette_051712_reactor_zps3cd44b61.png

Rendili_light_corvette_051712_pod_gun_zpsa5c1b4c3.png

Rendili_light_corvette_051712_bottom_zpsd1d300e1.png

522888_3924958399606_481886091_n.jpg

535136_3795119233708_70616600_n.jpg

Thank you.

Further progress is on the back burner until I finish a writing project and a 60-meter freighter. Then I have to completely strip it down, go over it with a fine tooth comb to work out the geometry errors and reversed faces (yeah, I was working at this level and not aware that the blue faces were an issue...), and then redo the inner mandibles. From there I can continue out normally.

What you see here is mostly me practicing and fleshing it out, the overall ship only had to get to the basic geometry point (top/bottom body, lower wedge, engine bank, tower, bridge module, and spacers), where i could unfold it, scale it, and send it to be laser cut.

beautiful work and some great detail there- would love to see this come to life. The star wars ships are a big favorite of mine

Thank God for Copy/Paste! Great work so far!
And scaling parts through themselves. Thank you, it means a lot.

Never seen the freighter before, but like the mandibles and overall design of the ship.

It was first shown in the Star Wars Roleplaying Game; Galaxy Guide 6: Tramp Freighters (And I have been poking at it is various ways since, yay for 23 year projects and being old!)

It was used as customs and patrol vessel throughout the Empire and is often what is implied when something says "Imperial Customs Corvette."

Personally, it just kind of struck a cord with me, like it was a more badass version of the Brittania II from the much reviled 1984 Lensman anime.

We've also considered, now that we have a 3D representation, if we were able to build this corvette, we might consider going 1:144 to match it with the small Fine Molds Millennium Falcon – so that would make it 125cm, but a bit of a tight fit getting a mandible support through.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back