1/144 Hammerhead Corvette scratch build

Thanks, Analyzer. I did come across the laat+ at-te build by the japanese builder a couple years ago. I think his name was rokugen. But I can no longer find his webpage. Some of his model pics are in pinterest but I am really looking for his WIP thread. If you have the link, I’d be gladif you can share it.

Look like the links I have are dead. I did download lots of pics from his in progress thread. I'll get them together and send them to you

Hi all! I brought the Hammerhead to the IPMS National last month. The model contest was full of really awe-inspiring builds! Some of the techniques used were just amazing. I also got to meet and chat with a lot of folks. Though most of them are tank and plane modelers, I learned a lot by talking to them about the methods they used. I have much more respect now for the plane folks. They are really into the 'construction'. It is amazing to me how they can spot a misalignment that I have to take off my reading glasses (I am very myopic) to be able to see. For them, those tiny misalignments are pivotal in judging planes. I appreciate the obsession with 'construction', but I feel bad for some of the fantastically painted planes that were knocked out of competition because something was off by microradians of an angle!

The Hammerhead got first in her category: Space and Scifi scratch build. Someone at the show was able to use his fancy phone to take a reasonable interior of the command deck, so here at last I can post a picture of it.
4948D444-9E93-4402-9DC8-614BBFDA6D4E.jpeg
15B58BC9-B373-4C2E-B38E-B421FE4C3885.jpeg

Bauble can I recommend a good source of greeblies. I got this idea from Greg Jein , use HO scale detail parts. Go over to the Whistle Stop in Pasadena they've got a whole wall of parts. I like the freight car brake kits they have multiple small tanks and box like valve mechanisms. These are good for layering your greeblie detail. Check it out. GREAT JOB ON BOTH SHIPS.

Thanks, Kevin! I will definitely check that out. I can imagine how train parts can make for good greeblies.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back