1/144 Hammerhead Corvette scratch build

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Searun

Thanks, Hagoth, joberg, Aegis, starks, searun and monster!
Wonderfest was a very positive experience. I made a lot of new friends. The models on display were amazing! And I got to see so many models that have been on this forum and facebook in person. I also enjoyed the exchange of information.
The hammerhead won the Best Starship prize. Despite that, my wife still won’t let me put the hammerhead on top of her piano.
Quite a few people asked me how I made the long shape using only styrene. I will post some pictures of the interior once I get home.

View attachment 1465193

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

starks

Im a bit late to catch up here and wondered if you really needed another congratulations, but yup you do.... Congratulations!

Scratch building such large pieces is like the ultimate jigsaw and you can't even start on the edges first! And your skill in achieving it all by shaping styrene is jaw dropping. I would have probably cheated and started with some tubing, your work is inspirational.

Cheers,
Josh

Bauble

Thanks, Josh! You are absolutely right - it was like solving a puzzle, a mathematical puzzle. I have to compute the ellipsoidal and parabolic expressions for a lot of the joints to get them precisely right. It was a lot of fun though to be putting geometric math to work on this project! I LUV math!!!

Moska

Sr Member
I love that design and I love your model. It's really beautiful. Very well built and painted.
Very tempting. It makes me want to make it my next project.
Congratulations on the well-deserved award at Wonderfest. (y) (y)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.