Redtogusa's Amazing Spiderman Build. McL34Ns pattern. (update 16/10/12, 99% done!)

Re: Redtogusa's Amazing Spiderman Build. McL34Ns pattern.

Nice gradient at the bottom of the red abs too!

I'm glad you mentioned that man. It got me to thinking, it's not something that's been mentioned much on here. A lot of the patterns people have been working on have a very deffinate 'end' to the red part but in some movie pictures you can see that it kind of blends into the blue.

Time for a video:

Just so it's easier to see what I mean:

IMG_2974.jpg

This is only a suggestion. I've found it works, but it might not be for everyone.

Thanks for looking in.

Re: Redtogusa's Amazing Spiderman Build. McL34Ns pattern. (update 7/10/12)

Thanks Red, I'll follow this method when I do my red honeycombing :thumbsup

First I would like to thank you for addressing the blend in the video.
I always thought yours and MCL34N's suit had a little something extra with the puffy that I was missing.
Its been a pretty hectic week and I put some earbuds in and once again your soothing voice got me through the day. You need to narrate something. Your missing your calling. :)

Thanks for taking the time to make the video! It's amazing how much of a difference the gradient makes. I'll definitely be doing this next time :)

Yeah that's right, a double post, so sue me. :love
Seriously though, please don't ban me mods. :lol

So I was meant to do a proper shoot this week but the weather has been sucky and time has been against me.
All the same I really wanted to get geared up to see if the finished product was any good.
Que badly lit hallway shots:

IMG_3526.jpg

IMG_3536.jpg

IMG_3539.jpg

IMG_3542.jpg

IMG_3530.jpg

IMG_3537.jpg

100 points if you can guess what I was going for in the first pic.

Unfortunately it looks like that proper photo shot is going to have to be put back even further. Reason being this happened whilst I was getting suited up:

IMG_3523.jpg

:facepalm:darnkids:cry

...that's why all the shots are of my right side.

As always questions, comments, critique, insults are most welcome.

Cheers guys. :thumbsup

Re: Redtogusa's Amazing Spiderman Build. McL34Ns pattern. (update 16/10/12, 99% done!

Doesn't matter, You are gonna KILL IT this halloween Red :thumbsup

Re: Redtogusa's Amazing Spiderman Build. McL34Ns pattern. (update 16/10/12, 99% done!

looks fantastic! congrats on nearing the finish line.

1st pic reminds me of Bane from TDKR or Ezio for some reason lol And NOOoooooooooooooooooooooo! but It still looks fantastic. Just say "Oh that? I just got done with the Goblin. He tried attacking a local gas station, not a big deal" and then act like a tough guy stretchn and such hahaha

Last edited:

Looks epic!!!
First pic reminds me of Assasins Creed for some reason :lol
But seriously, everything looks awesome! Were you using the face shell in these shots?
The back spider looks super slick/smooth!!! I can't see any waves!
As for the other pic... I... Don't even know what to say :'( Maybe a seamstress can fix it? Maybe there's still hope? Still the costume looks great even with that minor detail.

Did you weather it or is that in the print?
Looks slick!

-Zoid

I think Equinox gets the 100 points haha!

Phenomenal work you've done on the costume. Your lines look so clean it's hard to believe you puffy-ed this all up while it was sewn!

Sorry to hear about the tear. Hope you an get it fixed soon!

Looking truly awesome, man!

Looks epic!!!
First pic reminds me of Assasins Creed for some reason

Were you using the face shell in these shots?

Ding ding ding! You win the internetz!

And yup, I had the face shell on.

Did you weather it or is that in the print?
Looks slick!

-Zoid

Yup man, got it dirtied up with the 'ol airbrush.

Thanks for the kind words my friends.

Hard to believe this is the same suit I wore that day to try on the fit. You did an unbelievable good job on it my friend. Looking great! Make sure you double thread that rip! Serger it up!

Ding ding ding! You win the internetz!

And yup, I had the face shell on.

Yup man, got it dirtied up with the 'ol airbrush.

Thanks for the kind words my friends.

Looks great! I was on the fence to weather mine, you just made up my mind!
Sick job all around brother!

-Zoid

Small fun but pointless update.

So my wife bought me a copy of Photoshop elements 11 for our anniversary and it arrived today. After playing round with it for a while this is what I came up with:

IMG_3534_edited-2.jpg

It's my first time with photoshop so be kind.

Lose the lense flair and you got a nice shot there. Looking good as always man.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back