Redtogusa's Amazing Spiderman Build. McL34Ns pattern. (update 16/10/12, 99% done!)

Re: Redtogusa's Amazing Spiderman Build. McL34Ns pattern.

Redtogusa, your suit is great! I've been following this form ever since it was made so I finally decided to make an account to ask you a question. Can you please post more pictures of your suit? I would really like yo see your progress. Your suit is awesome keep up the good work! please reply (with pictures of your suit please).

-AmazedSpiderman (aka Colton)

Thanks for the kind words Colton, really appreciate it.
As for pics, stay tuned. Should have something to post over the weekend.

Nearly done with all the puff painting, just a few little bits to finish off.
After that I've got to get a few holes along the seams sewn up, then some airbrushing to finish it all off. Gonna try and get an outdoor photo shoot done within the next week or so.

Redtogusa, your suit is great! I've been following this form ever since it was made so I finally decided to make an account to ask you a question. Can you please post more pictures of your suit? I would really like yo see your progress. Your suit is awesome keep up the good work! please reply (with pictures of your suit please).

-AmazedSpiderman (aka Colton)

Hey Red, can you shed some light on how you puffed the intersecting points of the webs? did you puff each part of the intersecting webs separately, or did you just draw a line on top of another? (I hope what im saying makes sense)

Do you mean where the horizontal web lines meet with the verticle ones?
I usually did one first and then the other, eg horizontal then verticle. If you start on the verticle ones before the horizontal ones have dried they 'blend' so there's no noticeable overlapping line.

Do you mean where the horizontal web lines meet with the verticle ones?
I usually did one first and then the other, eg horizontal then verticle. If you start on the verticle ones before the horizontal ones have dried they 'blend' so there's no noticeable overlapping line.

cool, thanks for the info man. your advice sounds really logical now, lol I dont know why i didnt figure that out on my own :facepalm

Thanks man! Im very new to costuming, think you could give me some pointers about TASM suit? I might attempt to make one my self. However, I was planning on working with the zentai suit and creating the lenses on my own like SpiderSparrow, but I could still use pointers.
Thanks for the kind words Colton, really appreciate it.
As for pics, stay tuned. Should have something to post over the weekend.

Nearly done with all the puff painting, just a few little bits to finish off.
After that I've got to get a few holes along the seams sewn up, then some airbrushing to finish it all off. Gonna try and get an outdoor photo shoot done within the next week or so.

Minor update. Got all (well 98%) of the puff painting done. I know, I know, about time right. :lol

IMG_3514.jpg

Not sure I'm happy with the result and I might redo, stick something over them but I thought you might be interested to see my puff painted hand pads and finger tip thingy-ma-do-dads.

IMG_3516.jpg

So just a few things to tidy up and finish off then we're done.

All the best to everyone working on their spidey costumes, think there are enough of us now for a small clone saga. :lol:behave

Minor update. Got all (well 98%) of the puff painting done. I know, I know, about time right. :lol

IMG_3514.jpg

Not sure I'm happy with the result and I might redo, stick something over them but I thought you might be interested to see my puff painted hand pads and finger tip thingy-ma-do-dads.

IMG_3516.jpg

So just a few things to tidy up and finish off then we're done.

All the best to everyone working on their spidey costumes, think there are enough of us now for a small clone saga. :lol:behave

My hat goes off to you, man! You are a source of inspiration to all of us (Spidey fans)! Kudos! :thumbsup

Re: Redtogusa's Amazing Spiderman Build. McL34Ns pattern. (update 7/10/12)

Incredible.
Did you use black puffy on the blue parts?

We should all start a combined thread when everyone is done, and somebody with Photoshop skills should put all the pics of us wearing the suits together hahah, great job on the pads. I have something planned for them as well ;)

We should all start a combined thread when everyone is done, and somebody with Photoshop skills should put all the pics of us wearing the suits together hahah, great job on the pads. I have something planned for them as well ;)

^^^^^^^^^^ :thumbsup

this looks awesome, i love seeing everyones work. my main question is how to apply puff paint to the spiders evenly without making it look like complete *****. I have an old costume that i bought off ebay years ago and tested it on that, and it was horrible. any suggestions? thanks

Wow, cant wait til the suit is 100% complete! it looks so beautiful :love

IMG_3516.jpg

for the "do-dads" it looks like you puffed the blue first, and then puffed the black markings am I right?

Wow, cant wait til the suit is 100% complete! it looks so beautiful :love

for the "do-dads" it looks like you puffed the blue first, and then puffed the black markings am I right?

you got it man. :thumbsup

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back