Red Skull costume progess (new hi res pics pg 8)

I have to thank you, DV, for the great pics of the cossie you picked up! I saw it on Hello Cosplay, and was gonna get it, but what the heck-I can make it! Emerald City Con is in a week, so that should be enough time(What, am I nuts?!?). You showed with the pics how this outfit is put together, and that is a real help for nerds like me:) My shirt, pants and jacket are done, as well as the boots, but it wasn't until I saw these posts that I decided to do the overcoat as well. Thanks again!

hey group - thought I would post a small update regarding my suit.

Mr Bungle's mask is holding up quite well.
I am lazy - still never got around to fixing that small tear in the corner of the mouth yet :$

I finally found a local eye doctor who would get me some prescription white eye contacts - and they fit like a glove.
I used them for the first time on Free Comic Book Day earlier this month for my last set of the day.

My 17yr old son still is donning my Iron Man suit and is getting better.

As I mentioned in this thread - my coat sticks to stuff, pretty bad....and it still does well over a year later.
IT doesn't stink like it did, but I have to wrap it in a big ole blanket whenever we pack up and head somewhere. If I don't it melds with any hard item it is resting on.

Anywho - here's some recent pics:

fcbd2012a.jpg

fcbd2012b.jpg

fcbd2012c.jpg

fcbd2012d.jpg

I'm flattered my thread got bumped back up.
Thanks everyone!
Glad there is still interest in ole Red Skull.
The mask and coat are holding up good still...and boy, is that coat HOT. whew.
I'll probably be donning it again for the annual Halloween parties this year.

Awesome cosplay all the way around! I can't wait to see my Red Skull mask in-person!

Edit: Read through the posts and found answers to all of my questions

thanks everyone.
I'd totally have to encourage the MrBungle mask - you won't be disappointed.
I'd be all over his new version if I had the disposable income right now.

I honestly haven't put the suit on for over a year now - just no where to go in my town to really wear it except maybe Halloween at the bars. Decatur just simply does not get this sort of thing. I don't have the budget to trek to all the big cons but someday perhaps.

The coat has held up better than expected - but since it was their very first attempt, there are some issues that magnify over time (at least on mine).
The inner liner is darn near completely all undone, I might was well just rip it out. I had a kid get their pic with me and she had face paint on from the carnival...that white was pretty hard to get off for some reason and I don't think I got it 100%.

I have been getting a couple PMs for buckles and the shoulder insignia - but I'd have to make new molds so I would need some interest to justify the costs.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back