Red Lion-Voltron

Plugz

One of my favorite projects was released recently, but as often the case, models don't get shot like they should. I did work on a the upper half of a 3 foot scale model of the red lion for a live action short. The script calls for the ship to look destroyed, in case you were wondering why the arm looks torn off. Of course they only show the head in the trailer, and I went uncredited, so it wasn't very good exposure.

I ended up with a lot of pics by the end of it so I thought I would share some for you Voltron fans out there.

Also, there just aren't enough big robots in the real world.

When I started I spent a few days on the head. Then the Dragon Age project came up and Voltron was delayed for a month. After I came back to it we had about two weeks before comic con and they wanted to shoot it before then. So I had less than two weeks to build it. Some what of a rush job but still one of my best models so far.

IMG_6430.jpg

IMG_6460.jpg

IMG_6431.jpg

IMG_6459.jpg

IMG_6458.jpg

IMG_6467.jpg

IMG_6466.jpg

IMG_6468.jpg

IMG_6489.jpg

IMG_6491.jpg

IMG_6483.jpg

IMG_6485.jpg

IMG_6488.jpg

Last edited:
That's the alex albrecht directed short? I can't believe you didn't get a credit, that's really crappy. Especially for some work as awesome as this! I had no idea it was an actual model while watching the short.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back