Red Jammer Parts Maps

The notched piece under the Handley Page grille is from the AMT 1:25 International Payhauler.

Flintlock,

I have the PayHauler but can't find the piece you're referencing that sits underneath the Handley Page grille. Do you have a part number or a photo of the sprue? I'm somehow not seeing/finding it. Was it a modified piece from the Payhauler, or an as-is piece?

Thanks,

SK

Flintlock,

I have the PayHauler but can't find the piece you're referencing that sits underneath the Handley Page grille. Do you have a part number or a photo of the sprue? I'm somehow not seeing/finding it. Was it a modified piece from the Payhauler, or an as-is piece?

Thanks,

SK

I no longer have the part or the kit, and I don't have a picture. There are two long rails with bent ends that have this notching in them. I guess they're the main support rails. You can cut them and get a few of what's needed for the Y greeblie from each.

From here I assume?

pay.PNG

For clarification, is this centurion piece on the left side cut clean in half(line in red location)? I just don't want to color the wrong piece if there's something else there on that bottom half.The easily visible top part has already been colored blue here. Thanks for any help!
centurion_piece_q.png

Ok thanks I was looking at the octagon but wasn't sure if my eyes were seeing all I thought they were. And good point, it is probably trimmed on the right side as well!

I'm just throwing this out there for accuracy purposes, but the correct version for the Airfix 1/72 Focke Wulf strut is the 189A-2 to yeild the correct landing gear strut. There are like 5 different versions of the Focke Wulf.

I'm just throwing this out there for accuracy purposes, but the correct version for the Airfix 1/72 Focke Wulf strut is the 189A-2 to yeild the correct landing gear strut. There are like 5 different versions of the Focke Wulf.

THAT is one of the finest separations of "gnat ****" from "pepper" I've ever seen on this board! I'd normally be the kind who says, "Really, it doesn't matter" at that level of detail, but dang if my Ebay cart didn't just grow by one kit....

Thanks for your eagle eyes!

And while we're at it, do you have all five versions of the Fw-189, and can you give us an illustrated tutorial on the differences between the struts, and what the key "tell" is that confirms it's the 189A2 version only that yields the right part? I'm morbidly curious to know. This sounds like one of those lessons you've learned the expensive way, so if you're willing, please show us the pics of all five and -- as they say in Gladiator -- "demonstrate your excellence."

And also, is the 189A2 strut only correct for the Red Jammer, or also for the other Y-Wings?

This is what makes the RPF such an amazing resource: you guys are insane, but I love it.

Lol, I'm not quite that insane. There are actually a few planes that bare the Focke Wulf name that look nothing alike. So naturally their landing gear don't look anything alike. But, yes I learned the hard way. As far as I know all the Ys use the same strut, but really I can only confirm that the Jammer and Tie Killer use the same one for sure because I've been researching TK specifically.

Orientation question:

Can someone who has "already done it" tell me what the orientation is, and what section of the Bandai 1/48 Tiger 1 upper deck gets cut (top left, top right, lower left, lower right) to go onto the Y-Wing Fuselage underside on the top right quadrant of Picture 8/16 in Post 1's Parts Maps.

I can't tell from the picture, or my screen is too small, and would appreciate a little guidance.

And lastly: if you're not a purist, does the Tamiya 1/48 deck of the same tank yield an equal (if more detailed/better molded) usable part? Anybody taken this approach? And if so, did you use Tamiya's Early Production, or Late Production, or their Initial Production version of the Tiger 1?

Thanks.

Orientation question:

Can someone who has "already done it" tell me what the orientation is, and what section of the Bandai 1/48 Tiger 1 upper deck gets cut (top left, top right, lower left, lower right) to go onto the Y-Wing Fuselage underside on the top right quadrant of Picture 8/16 in Post 1's Parts Maps.

I can't tell from the picture, or my screen is too small, and would appreciate a little guidance.

And lastly: if you're not a purist, does the Tamiya 1/48 deck of the same tank yield an equal (if more detailed/better molded) usable part? Anybody taken this approach? And if so, did you use Tamiya's Early Production, or Late Production, or their Initial Production version of the Tiger 1?

Thanks.

This part?

Tiger.PNG

Its the middle of the back deck between the (I assume) exhaust or intake. It's orientated as shown.

The pictures in the first post should be pretty big but the underside ones are pretty blurry based on the scan I used. Clicking once on the image to enlarge them and then a second time to be taken to a webpage of the image should give you a high quality and zoomable version.

What about the cockpit? I have a pic of it if needed!!

I'd be very interested in a Y-Wing cockpit image! But for this thread, I've tried my best to keep with using images of Red Jammer only, besides the underside scans which are almost identical across each Y. Red Jammer didn't have a detailed pilot's cockpit, so maybe you can post your image here so we can discuss and work on a map for it? Just so it's in the more general Y-Wing part talk.

So the more I look at the exposed section of the engine (in between the Saturn V cone and the LEM shroud) the more I think it's some sort of jet engine part with additional detail parts attached rather than a Plastruct tube with detail parts. In this photo of one of the models being assembled you can see what appears to be a cylindrical base with molded on wiring, similar to the Revell Phantom engine used on the X-Wing. But the Phantom engine is too small in diameter to have been used here. Any ideas on what kit the part may come from?

Engine%20CU_zpsjg7bcjvk.jpg

Dave- Great observation! It would need to be a big engine to fall in scale with the Saturn V and LEM shroud. My guess is jet or back end of a radial engine in 1/24 scale? Going back to the commonly used kits in that size for the Y-wing as the most obvious- you can eliminate the ME-109, Hurricane, and Mustang as all three had V-12 piston driven engines (the latter two using the Rolls-Royce Merlin- the greatest gift to aviation ever....purr).

The harrier was used on this though so it may be the first place to peek. The Lancaster was used as well, and one of the versions used Merlins but the other used 4 radials. It's a stretch on size though. May be too small.

Other than that, I'm at a loss and it may be back to hunting a new kit ID.

So the more I look at the exposed section of the engine (in between the Saturn V cone and the LEM shroud) the more I think it's some sort of jet engine part with additional detail parts attached rather than a Plastruct tube with detail parts. In this photo of one of the models being assembled you can see what appears to be a cylindrical base with molded on wiring, similar to the Revell Phantom engine used on the X-Wing. But the Phantom engine is too small in diameter to have been used here. Any ideas on what kit the part may come from?

http://i1053.photobucket.com/albums/s480/GoldbergArts/Y-Wing Build/Engine CU_zpsjg7bcjvk.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back