Red Dead Redemption 2 Labels?

I made the Guarma Rum bottle for my John Marston costume. I made the label from scratch. It needed to be in layers for the type of gold foiling I did. I got the cheap $20 Amazon laminator. I had to use both a laser printer and an inkjet printer. I did it the cheap way but as a quick prop it came out pretty well. The bottle is a 375ml Grand Marnier bottle. I made my own wax seal out of sculpey and stamped the wax on. That part turned out okay I guess. If I had more time I would like to make the label a little more accurate and make a better stamp.

Attachments

• guarma rum.jpg
    guarma rum.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 82
  • marstonandsadie.jpg
    marstonandsadie.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 70
If you do and you do a run of them, please let me know! The label looks amazing! What bottle did you use?

EDIT: Apologies for the reading failure on my part.

Last edited:
Thought I'd do a list of what's in the game:

Last edited:
I used a 375ml bottle of Grand Marnier. I don’t foresee myself doing a run but if you need help I can give more detail about how to do it. I’ve thought about doing some of the other bottles too but I just don’t have a lot of time to spend on non-essential props.

I'm not familiar with the gold foil process you used. Since a lot of the labels have gold foil, it seems like something I'd need to look into before doing them. Could you share a few more details?

It’s really really simple. You just need a laminator ($20 on Amazon) and a laser printer. Use really smooth paper to print on. You put the gold foil (also on Amazon) on the printer paper and feed it through the laminator at high heat and the gold foil fuses to the black laser printer toner. If you need a mixture of gold foil and regular black you need to use an inkjet printer for the regular black and the laser printer for the stuff that will be foiled. I found several tutorials just by googling. It’s easy to do though.

That is genius! I'll have to try it, since the other solutions I've seen on the RPF have been high cost and I'm between jobs currently.

Out of all images on the website, the only one that looks easy to extract is the Predator Bait. This is my current Work In Progress. For proper results, it should be printed on pink paper and glued to a packet.

Attachments

• Lucifer's Cradle Predator Bait label WIP.png
    Lucifer's Cradle Predator Bait label WIP.png
    110.6 KB · Views: 51
  • Lucifer's Cradle Predator Bait render.jpg
    Lucifer's Cradle Predator Bait render.jpg
    182.2 KB · Views: 44
Also, the Herbivore Bait label seems easy enough. I've extracted the label from the ad; it just needs more grass drawn in. Slap it on a brown paper lunch bag, and you're good to go.

Attachments

• Pied Piper Herbivore Bait render.jpg
    Pied Piper Herbivore Bait render.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 32
  • Pied Piper Hetbivore Bait label WIP.png
    Pied Piper Hetbivore Bait label WIP.png
    60 KB · Views: 37
Here’s a bit more detail for you:

Laminator: AmazonBasics Thermal Laminator Machine https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BUI5QWS/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_Qhq9DbZXQ9PVJ

Gold foil: iCraft Deco Foil Transfer Sheets, 6" x 12", Gold, 20 Piece https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00UY14KT2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_tiq9DbHRMQTJB

Printer paper should be super smooth. Don’t use anything textured. You can use different thicknesses though from thin copy paper to card stock. I went with fairly thick laser paper. I went to staples and felt all the paper to find the smoothest one. I made sure the paper was suitable for both inkjet and laser.

Then you need a laser printer for anything that will be foiled. If the whole label isn’t being foiled then you will need the file separated in layers of foiled vs not foiled. Stuff that’s not foiled needs to be printed on the inkjet first before printing in the laser printer and foiling, so you may have to deal with some alignment issues. I had to make adjustments to the file since the inkjet printed slightly offset compared to the laser.

When you’re happy with the print, place the gold foil shiny side up on the printed paper. Sandwich another plain piece of paper on top. Let the laminator heat up to its highest setting and give it a few minutes after that to make sure it’s hot. Feed the paper sandwich through the laminator. When it comes out you should be able to peel off the excess gold foil, leaving gold foil only on the laser printed parts.

I glued the label to my bottle with mod podge. As I said before I sculpted my wax seal out of super sculpey. I put a coating of oil or Pam spray and stamped it into the hot wax. Took a couple of tries to get a decent one.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back