Red Apple Cigarette Redesign

Qumair84

In the iTunes extras for Once Upon a Time... In Hollywood, they included a fun little commercial for Red Apple cigarettes, with some fun new product designs:
IMG_2990.jpg
IMG_2991.jpg
IMG_2992.jpg
IMG_2993.jpg
IMG_2994.jpg

The pictures aren't the highest quality (I took pictures of my TV with my phone, sorry) but I can see if I can get HD screengrabs of them. I was going to amend the files I have for my current Red Apple packs, but because they are designed by another member on here, I won't post them. If anyone has better photoshopping skills than I do, it'd be much appreciated to see if you can take a crack at them, too.

I've been wanting to purchase a replica of the old style Red Apples cigarettes soft pack for ages! Can never find them. I actually put a post on here a few days ago about it but got no replies . These are some pretty cool designs too

I've been wanting to purchase a replica of the old style Red Apples cigarettes soft pack for ages! Can never find them. I actually put a post on here a few days ago about it but got no replies . These are some pretty cool designs too
Here are some photos of the soft packs I made myself:
IMG_3005.jpg
IMG_3008.jpg

They're pretty simple to make actually! Here is the softpack template that RPF user SaintNoOne posted a couple years back:
Red Apple SP.jpg

Print it out on some glossy photo paper at a Kinkos, cut out some squares of cardboard that fit the logo, then wrap the paper around it. You can use aluminum foil or an old gum wrapper to make the foil section at the top. You can also buy a real soft pack of cigarettes, take off the plastic wrap and slide your own pack of Red Apples into it to give it some extra realism, then use the cigarettes to fill the pack

Here are some photos of the soft packs I made myself: View attachment 1087382View attachment 1087383
They're pretty simple to make actually! Here is the softpack template that RPF user SaintNoOne posted a couple years back:View attachment 1087384
Print it out on some glossy photo paper at a Kinkos, cut out some squares of cardboard that fit the logo, then wrap the paper around it. You can use aluminum foil or an old gum wrapper to make the foil section at the top. You can also buy a real soft pack of cigarettes, take off the plastic wrap and slide your own pack of Red Apples into it to give it some extra realism, then use the cigarettes to fill the pack

Thanks a lot! I May have to attempt this. Cool display too! Hope the watch isn't too authentic...

And here are my final packs! I only edited them into the Red Apple Menthol (Green pack) and the Red Apple tans because the Mellow Gold is a bit beyond my current skillset (my skillset being the paint bucket tool in GIMP) Now once again because all I did was edit the original soft pack file that SaintNoOne created, I can't share it without his permission. Also, because Tarantino loves to redesign the packs for each film, the font is incorrect for OUaT...IH, and the new apple logo is a bit more crisp and defined. I just used regular printer paper for the packs so they're a bit dull, and I haven't gotten plastic wrap to put on it yet. The next project I will start on is buying some cigars from the grocery store so I can make an accurate box for those. I will probably also make a blank template of the new packs (without the text and logo) and upload it here, so if anyone finds or can make a more accurate design, and are willing to share it, they can add it.

IMG_3059.jpg
IMG_3060.jpg

And here are my final packs! I only edited them into the Red Apple Menthol (Green pack) and the Red Apple tans because the Mellow Gold is a bit beyond my current skillset (my skillset being the paint bucket tool in GIMP) Now once again because all I did was edit the original soft pack file that SaintNoOne created, I can't share it without his permission. Also, because Tarantino loves to redesign the packs for each film, the font is incorrect for OUaT...IH, and the new apple logo is a bit more crisp and defined. I just used regular printer paper for the packs so they're a bit dull, and I haven't gotten plastic wrap to put on it yet. The next project I will start on is buying some cigars from the grocery store so I can make an accurate box for those. I will probably also make a blank template of the new packs (without the text and logo) and upload it here, so if anyone finds or can make a more accurate design, and are willing to share it, they can add it.

View attachment 1087542View attachment 1087543

Great work! They all look really Good. You're going to have a nice collection going.

I need to some how source a soft pack of cigarettes. I don't think we get them in the UK. Presumably common in the US? Be helpful as reference when making my red apples as well as have the plastic bit to slip my pack into.

Here are some photos of the soft packs I made myself: View attachment 1087382View attachment 1087383
They're pretty simple to make actually! Here is the softpack template that RPF user SaintNoOne posted a couple years back:View attachment 1087384
What kind of photo paper did you use? Regular photo paper seems rather thick.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back