that really sucks. something that may help in this situation is perhaps to have some kind of signature maybe on the bottom? i know it would take away from the accuracy but at least you’d have proof that that’s your design.

I´m so sorry for you.This guys are recasting everything and thats worlwide.I think most of the real artists have no clue about all the recasts of their work out there.
Its a shame...but its always a risk to copy and sell your work today.:(

that really sucks. something that may help in this situation is perhaps to have some kind of signature maybe on the bottom? i know it would take away from the accuracy but at least you’d have proof that that’s your design.

In a way, a lot of people do. They'll add a "tell" that nobody referencing the real thing would have on their piece. I've always thought a good one would be a fingerprint, but some props are too clean for this to be appropriate. But some little mark or nick that would only be present if it was a direct recast is a good idea.

In a way, a lot of people do. They'll add a "tell" that nobody referencing the real thing would have on their piece. I've always thought a good one would be a fingerprint, but some props are too clean for this to be appropriate. But some little mark or nick that would only be present if it was a direct recast is a good idea.

Exactly the case here without doing it deliberately. Since it's an original artistic creatrion, absolutely all the marks on the stone are ''tells''.

In this case the entire surface is full of unique signatures that are my own, including a few areas that have dents created with my fingernail. This was also never meant to be a 1:1 spot-on replica but a highly interpretive artist's rendition that was supposed to convey the general spirit of the prop while also being its own thing, which is why I don't market it specifically as an Indiana Jones Sankara Stone in my website. Other examples like those from Restaurajones (and another I can't remember) have the well-deserved honors of having produced the "definitive" replica stones as they're meticulously recreated from a lot of good reference material. When I made mine it was a matter of making it "feel right" to my own subjective impression of the village stone, which is what makes the recasting of my sculpt all the more annoying and personal. And after having what I thought at the time was a pleasant and friendly transaction with him (all in Spanish, too, as a friendly gesture since I'm bilingual), him turning around and doing this felt like a betrayal of my trust. Like saying to a guy "Hey, what's up?" and he turns around and flips me the bird. The guy is not a collector or fan as I presumed, but was only after my sculpt to selfishly crank out resin copies. He's of the same species of slime who hounds celebrities for autographs, not because they're fans, but they just want to sell the autographs on eBay because they're too worthless to learn real skills or get real jobs.

Right now I'm having a heck of a fun time dropping my review (with the same side-by-side pics I posted here) on his Amazon listing. He keeps reposting it just to purge my review but I'll just keep plopping down my review again... and again... y de nuevo. Like a slow game of Whack-A-Mole.

Last edited:
Aaaand he recast my Idol pedestal, too and listed it on Etsy. Good grief this guy is a sack of crap... and so it this crappy too shallow recast and paint job.

Attachments

• Capture+_2022-03-14-12-52-55-1.png
    Capture+_2022-03-14-12-52-55-1.png
    725.9 KB · Views: 140
Aaaand he recast my Idol pedestal, too and listed it on Etsy. Good grief this guy is a sack of crap... and so it this crappy too shallow recast and paint job.
What a Shameless Grifter .I have your pedestal and somebody on here asked me where I got it a while back wonder if it was him Your items are pretty obscure and not easy to find he must have been on the forum snooping .

Could the mods find them using cross referenced information that LandronArtifact has, and that given to the site to get an account? Or IP address? My thoughts are there is sufficient information to revoke their account, and prevent them creating another one.

Could the mods find them using cross referenced information that LandronArtifact has, and that given to the site to get an account? Or IP address? My thoughts are there is sufficient information to revoke their account, and prevent them creating another one.
I seriously doubt he's a member here though.

Not content with having already directly ripped me off by directly recasting my Sankara Stone, this neanderthal goes ahead and rips off Pedro’s (Restaurajones) work. Well, when you can’t make it on your own, why not rip off from the best, right?

(Top photo is of the Laretrotienda bootlegs. Bottom picture are Pedro's original work-in-progress sculpts.)
laretrotienda sankara restaurajones bootleg.jpg

He even designated each with the same numbers that Pedro did on his own sculpts. LOL I reached out to Pedro personally and it turns out that it looks like Laretrotienda (real name is Alberto Cerezo Ledesma), or someone he “hired” because I don’t think he can sculpt his way out of a paper bag, sculpted these from scratch, but clearly used Pedro’s stones as direct reference as all the tells are nearly identical though there are several differences throughout, certainly in shape, detail, and finish. But where it gets really interesting (and scummy on Alberto’s part) is that Pedro tells me Laretrotienda was following his Instagram posts for a while. Pedro recognized the user handle as he’s well aware of this scumbag as I’ve made it well known on some forums and on social media. He lurked around for a while, then Laretrotienda abruptly blocks him out of the blue. Presumably his only intention was to grab as many reference pictures as he could from Pedro’s Instagram and hide the fact that he’s blatantly copying him by blocking him so Pedro cannot view Laretrotienda’s posts. The guy is not only a slimy prick but a pathetic coward.

Now I know what some of you are probably thinking… “at least he’s not directly recasting and actually took the effort this time to sculpt them.” That’s absolutely true. But it’s the manner in which he did it that is scummy and deserves to be exposed and trolled to the max. And to try to duplicate all of the tell-tale maker’s marks that differentiate Pedro’s stones from all others is yet another thing that I can tell from my conversation with Pedro that this new development irks him.

Side note, did anyone see his diorama of Storm Troopers drowning in mashed potatoes? It's a delicious masterpiece! Just add gravy.

stormtrooper mashed potatoes laretrotienda.jpeg

ROTFLMAO

This is what I told you yesterday. when someone tries to hide their activity from others it is because they consider that what they are doing is a bad thing.
In any case, it is something that sooner or later every artist faces.
Thanks, Al.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back