BobRoss11

that really sucks. something that may help in this situation is perhaps to have some kind of signature maybe on the bottom? i know it would take away from the accuracy but at least you’d have proof that that’s your design.

Kroenen77

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I´m so sorry for you.This guys are recasting everything and thats worlwide.I think most of the real artists have no clue about all the recasts of their work out there.
Its a shame...but its always a risk to copy and sell your work today.:(

Rogviler

that really sucks. something that may help in this situation is perhaps to have some kind of signature maybe on the bottom? i know it would take away from the accuracy but at least you’d have proof that that’s your design.

In a way, a lot of people do. They'll add a "tell" that nobody referencing the real thing would have on their piece. I've always thought a good one would be a fingerprint, but some props are too clean for this to be appropriate. But some little mark or nick that would only be present if it was a direct recast is a good idea.

Alan Castillo

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
In a way, a lot of people do. They'll add a "tell" that nobody referencing the real thing would have on their piece. I've always thought a good one would be a fingerprint, but some props are too clean for this to be appropriate. But some little mark or nick that would only be present if it was a direct recast is a good idea.

Exactly the case here without doing it deliberately. Since it's an original artistic creatrion, absolutely all the marks on the stone are ''tells''.

LandronArtifact

In this case the entire surface is full of unique signatures that are my own, including a few areas that have dents created with my fingernail. This was also never meant to be a 1:1 spot-on replica but a highly interpretive artist's rendition that was supposed to convey the general spirit of the prop while also being its own thing, which is why I don't market it specifically as an Indiana Jones Sankara Stone in my website. Other examples like those from Restaurajones (and another I can't remember) have the well-deserved honors of having produced the "definitive" replica stones as they're meticulously recreated from a lot of good reference material. When I made mine it was a matter of making it "feel right" to my own subjective impression of the village stone, which is what makes the recasting of my sculpt all the more annoying and personal. And after having what I thought at the time was a pleasant and friendly transaction with him (all in Spanish, too, as a friendly gesture since I'm bilingual), him turning around and doing this felt like a betrayal of my trust. Like saying to a guy "Hey, what's up?" and he turns around and flips me the bird. The guy is not a collector or fan as I presumed, but was only after my sculpt to selfishly crank out resin copies. He's of the same species of slime who hounds celebrities for autographs, not because they're fans, but they just want to sell the autographs on eBay because they're too worthless to learn real skills or get real jobs.

Right now I'm having a heck of a fun time dropping my review (with the same side-by-side pics I posted here) on his Amazon listing. He keeps reposting it just to purge my review but I'll just keep plopping down my review again... and again... y de nuevo. Like a slow game of Whack-A-Mole.

Last edited:

LandronArtifact

Aaaand he recast my Idol pedestal, too and listed it on Etsy. Good grief this guy is a sack of crap... and so it this crappy too shallow recast and paint job.

Attachments

• Capture+_2022-03-14-12-52-55-1.png
    Capture+_2022-03-14-12-52-55-1.png
    725.9 KB · Views: 49

Knightmare

Aaaand he recast my Idol pedestal, too and listed it on Etsy. Good grief this guy is a sack of crap... and so it this crappy too shallow recast and paint job.
What a Shameless Grifter .I have your pedestal and somebody on here asked me where I got it a while back wonder if it was him Your items are pretty obscure and not easy to find he must have been on the forum snooping .

Vaders_Happy

Could the mods find them using cross referenced information that LandronArtifact has, and that given to the site to get an account? Or IP address? My thoughts are there is sufficient information to revoke their account, and prevent them creating another one.

LandronArtifact

Could the mods find them using cross referenced information that LandronArtifact has, and that given to the site to get an account? Or IP address? My thoughts are there is sufficient information to revoke their account, and prevent them creating another one.
I seriously doubt he's a member here though.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.