Reboot Glitch

Technoboots

This started out as a 3d mesh I made, decided to go the whole way and have one made. I decided to go ahead and get it 3d printed rather than build it by hand. Quite happy with the way it turned out as it's the first thing I've ever had printed. Everything actually fitted together properly just as I designed. The lens wasn't printed and is just a piece of 1mm clear plasticard painted clear blue.
Painting wasn't that hard, the blue started off as a mix of blue, clear blue and silver, once dry a coat of clear blue was done to deepen the colour. The orange is actually a mix of clear orange and gold.
This was basically a quick project to see if it was done. I've actually got it up for sale on shapeways but am not sure whether to post the link here.
Pics aren't great, didn't have access to the good camera to take them, had to rely on an old one.

You've done a nice job there :thumbsup I remember watching Reboot many moons ago and still watch it on youtube. I just might have to wander over to Shapeways. :)

Thanks, I did have a few problems with the painting though. I have to remember to clean my airbrush properly, missed a few bits and ended up with specs of old paint on it and had to partially repaint it. I had it printed in PWSF in order to save time sanding. I've also done Copland (Turbo's keytool) aswell but haven't had it printed yet. I also have an AI icon on the way, hopefully here tomorrow as I've been trcking a package from shapeways.
Glitch is 10cm in length which seems about right to me.
After seeing a shapeways link in another thread I'll put them here.
Glitch
Copland

Brilliant, a small but significant and memerable prop from the show (which I'm currently rewatching thanks to the new DVD release).

I recommend the Mainframe Edition as it'll have all the special features, however it's only worth getting if you have a multi-region DVD player or DVD drive as sadly, it's only currently available in Region 1 format, rather than region unlocked.

If you have a DVD drive then that's excellent, as it means you can also take screen grabs for reference material.

Last edited:
I recommend the Mainframe Edition as it'll have all the special features, however it's only worth getting if you have a multi-region DVD player or DVD drive as sadly, it's only currently available in Region 2 format, rather than region unlocked.

If you have a DVD drive then that's excellent, as it means you can also take screen grabs for reference material.

Actually the DVD's are Region 1 since they are an American release.

I loved him best when he was busted and attached to Matrix.

Fantastic Job!

I've been tempted to try that version except that it would be quite hard for me to do since it is not symetrical. The other version I want to do at some point is the upgrade version from 'My Two Bobs'.

My AI Icon arrived today but the batteries on the camera died just as I was about to take a pic.

It's a shame they didn't go the same way that Time Life went with their Real Ghostbusters DVD boxset, Region 0.

Getting a bit sidetracked now. Were I to put together a Guardian Bob costume this would definitely be a must-have piece. Is the standard PID icon on your to-do list like AndrAIa's one?

Funny you should say that, I did order one, wasn't as perfect as I thought it would be though. Still, it would probably be easy enough to paint. The Guardian icon is different than the standard PID as it is essentially what seems to be a squashed dome. There is actually an official version of the Guardian icon made of rubber at the Reboot store but I have heard complaints about the store, things such as being slow to ship and a lack of communication.

Here's my store on Shapeways, got a few more things planned such as a Game sprite mode icon and Mouse's icon. I'm only putting things up after I've done them for myself.
Rebooted by Technoboots on Shapeways

Actually, all of the PIDs were technically the squashed dome, but they weren't always rendered accurately. It's the same as any other type of animation, some shots have had a lot of effort put into them, others don't.

I was working on a Glitch way back, even did a small run of the cog section piece. I've been wanting to get back to work on that for a long time, but haven't had the time to finish off the electronics for it.

Are you sure? I don't remember any standard ones which looked like a dome. The best example I can think of from memory is when Enzo gets the Guardian protocals. He hands over one which looks flat and gets back a dome one.

What sort of electronics are you putting in your's? I think the most I would do for mine is putting a few magnets in so it can be worn, wouldn't know where to start with anything electronic.

Awesome! I liked how they got devices similar to today's tablets and ipads. I still want a hoverboard thing like their's (not sure wat its actually called)

I was going to put a Tokyoflash watch in the cog section, but I had some issues with the watch. Your progress is making me think of maybe giving it another shot. In an attempt to make the finish glossier I accidentally stripped a good deal of the paint off the body with car wax, but I've learned enough since to finish it up pretty quickly.

DSC02263.jpg

I'll also need to pour a new cog piece, as this one has for some reason swelled up. No idea why, could have been the humidity.

Awesome! I liked how they got devices similar to today's tablets and ipads. I still want a hoverboard thing like their's (not sure wat its actually called)

They are called Zip boards.

You should finish your's off Risu, it looks good. That watch face even reminds me a bit of Glitch's scanner.

Very cool, Techno! I've always been a huge fan of ReBoot and I've been thinking more and more about making a Guardian costume. Seeing these Keytool models is pretty rad. :D

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back