Ray Gun Show Off Thread!

Loving these drill guns! This one has my eye...the Millers Falls drill.

Screen Shot 2021-12-22 at 6.00.56 PM.png

Here's what I don't understand about many of these retro drills as I work on a ray gun of my own... Why the stubby handles that only two fingers can grasp? The rest is grabbing the cord. So when I find these drills, the cords are often frayed at the handle. What's the practical advantage?

If you look at the swell of the handle, I think you are suppose to use your middle finger to pull the trigger. This is so you can exert more pressure by having they thumb and first finger higher up the body of the drill.

David.

I concur. You hold the grip with your 2 bottom fingers, your middle finger is the trigger finger. Your index finger and thumb hold the body of the drill. Helps keep it steady when applying pressure.

I love you guys! I remember asking to take a broken drill home from work because I thought it would make an awesome base for a Ray Gun!! They all thought I was nuts (to be fair, they did let me take it). It's so nice to see so many concepts!! Thank you all for normalizing my crazy!!!

Looks
My mum wanted to commission a build for my dads birthday. In the end she went with the Wolf and I gave it a custom box…
Looks great,
I have one of those Wolf drills in pieces in my to-do pile. Once i get a new workshop area up and running (ive just moved into a house with a nice big garage) I will give it the Ray-Gun treatment.

Just a quick little afternoon build, definitely inspired by the amazing work in this thread. I went for an organic-looking alien ray gun, bonus points if you can tell what it's made out of!

Attachments

• IMG_5635.jpg
    IMG_5635.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 106
  • IMG_5633.jpg
    IMG_5633.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 103
  • IMG_5636.jpg
    IMG_5636.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 106
Just a quick little afternoon build, definitely inspired by the amazing work in this thread. I went for an organic-looking alien ray gun, bonus points if you can tell what it's made out of!
Did you sculpt it from clay? Looks like pottery and reminds me of those clay instruments with the finger holes in them.
Either way, it’s very cool!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back