Random thought on pred oral hygiene

syldar

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
An interesting note here. In the movies there always seem to be predators with horrible stains on their teeth. Was just a weird thought that came to me as people also emulate the look. In all of the years of technological advancement tooth paste still seems to not be on the agenda .
Though i doubt they eat as much sugar as we do .

Does anyone else have any similar thoughts?

I had to see my dentist a few weeks ago because I had a broken crown. I told him and his assistant about my Predator costume, and they liked the idea. My dentist thought it was cool that I could talk about the kind of materials that I use for molding and casting, especially when I knew what alginate was.

I went back in yesterday to get the permanent crown placed, as well as having another tooth filled. As he was injecting the Novocaine, I grumbled a bit, because he was inserting the needle about seven inches deep and thrusting it all over the place so he could get the nerve. (OK, so I exaggerate.) He asked, "Would a Predator growl like that?" Oh, yeah, I'm sure a real Predator would growl like that. You can't really stick sharp needles into the biggest badass in the galaxy without hearing something about it.

I'll ask him more about Predator oral hygiene when I go back there tomorrow. I have to have a high spot smoothed out.

It could just be from years of drinking coffee.

How would you stay up hunting?

Besides, I bet it's not cool to chew on pred 'milk bones'.

Well with teeth like this, I think Oral Hygene is the furthest thing from their mind, considering the look on their prey's face when they actually see them without their Bio on. The mask is a Big Bob Dullam P2 from the Skulls Heads & Skins section thread.
4857483275_6b25d15367_b.jpg

I dont think discoloured teeth is a very bad thing. Im sure ive heard that having extremely white teeth is actually more unhealthy....but Im not sure. And anyway, the discolouring of the teeth make the masks look a lot better, they seem to have a better effect, I dont think a predator face would look any less good if it had startlingly white teeth, but it may look strange. I dont see them brushing their teeth And dogs teeth get discoloured, but it doesnt mean its unhygienic or unhealthy, just the way they are.

On the one hand, I see the OP's point. It really is silly to think that alien races can develop all of this awesome technology, but haven't figured out basic issues of hygiene. On the other hand, yeah it's time to put down the pipe and either sober up or go watch The Wizard of Oz while listening to TDSOTM, for the umpteenth time...

Chiclet teeth are unattractive, period. My wife showed me an article (Cosmo?) that explained that even when whitening your teeth, the end result should match the whites of your eyes and not go any further. I could care less. I love my cupS of coffee and my cigs, thank you very little...

Next time they are hunting on Earth, they should pick up some DentaStix.

My dog loves them, and they seem to help with her oral hygiene. Problem solved

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back