R2 help needed- pop rivets?

shaunsheep

Sr Member
I am currently working on a R2 related project and need some help with some screen grabs, I need images of R2 from star wars a new hope were R2 and 3po ship is captured at the beginning of the movie by vader. r2 looks like he has pop rivets on the front of his frame below the large data port. any images, to either prove or disprove this would be greatly appriciated :D

Originally posted by shaunsheep@Mar 20 2006, 01:19 AM
I am currently working on a R2 related project and need some help with some screen grabs, I need images of R2 from star wars a new hope were R2 and 3po ship is  captured at the beginning of the movie by vader. r2 looks like he has pop rivets on the front of his frame below the large data port. any images, to either prove or disprove this would be greatly appriciated :D
[snapback]1209130[/snapback]​
The version that appears in the Original Trilogy Visual Dictionary is the one, I think, that has these rows of visible rivets.

Hey man.

I'm wanting to do the ANH version as well. I'm debating on if I should use real rivets or just try to simulate them somehow. Don't forget he's also got a metallic panel on the rear that's not painted. I'm not sure, but I don't believe the Kenny Baker Artoo (two legs) had rivets. If it did, they're not visible in any of the photos I've run across. All of these are from ANH. Hope these photos help. :)

Bill

r2d21.jpg

r2_c3po01.jpg

r2d22.jpg

r2hiding.jpg

<div class='quotetop'>(kevoris @ Mar 20 2006, 06:24 AM) [snapback]1209268[/snapback]</div>
Hey man.

I'm wanting to do the ANH version as well. I'm debating on if I should use real rivets or just try to simulate them somehow. Don't forget he's also got a metallic panel on the rear that's not painted. I'm not sure, but I don't believe the Kenny Baker Artoo (two legs) had rivets. If it did, they're not visible in any of the photos I've run across. All of these are from ANH. Hope these photos help. :)

Bill

r2d21.jpg

r2_c3po01.jpg

r2d22.jpg

r2hiding.jpg

[/b]
thanks

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back