R2 help needed- pop rivets?

Discussion in 'Replica Props' started by shaunsheep, Mar 19, 2006.

1. shaunsheep

shaunsheep Well-Known Member

I am currently working on a R2 related project and need some help with some screen grabs, I need images of R2 from star wars a new hope were R2 and 3po ship is captured at the beginning of the movie by vader. r2 looks like he has pop rivets on the front of his frame below the large data port. any images, to either prove or disprove this would be greatly appriciated :D

2. DrMaul

DrMaul Well-Known Member

The version that appears in the Original Trilogy Visual Dictionary is the one, I think, that has these rows of visible rivets.

3. DrMaul

DrMaul Well-Known Member

4. DrMaul

DrMaul Well-Known Member

5. Darth Cross

Darth Cross Well-Known Member

Check out Astromech.net
    There's loads of reference pics there.

6. Beagle Bill

Beagle Bill Well-Known Member

Hey man.

I'm wanting to do the ANH version as well. I'm debating on if I should use real rivets or just try to simulate them somehow. Don't forget he's also got a metallic panel on the rear that's not painted. I'm not sure, but I don't believe the Kenny Baker Artoo (two legs) had rivets. If it did, they're not visible in any of the photos I've run across. All of these are from ANH. Hope these photos help. :)

Bill

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. shaunsheep

shaunsheep Well-Known Member

<div class='quotetop'>(kevoris @ Mar 20 2006, 06:24 AM) [snapback]1209268[/snapback]</div>
    thanks