Questions on getting started on a Captain America Cosplay

Angelflavor

I’ve been looking around for a Captain America Civil War costume so I can buy. The two big ones I’ve been seeing are cosplaysky vs whitesheepleather.

https://cosplaysky.com/captain-america-civil-war-steve-rogers-uniform-cosplay-costume.html
vs
https://whitesheepleather.com/Steve-Roger-Captain-America-Civil-war-Cordura-full-suit?search=captain%20amer

I’ve seen reviews online for both and was wondering which is for my money? I was wondering how screen accurate each one is too? Also if there is another good place I can buy let me know please.

I was also wondering is it better to buy the 75 year anniversary Shield or should I find a Kit shield that looks just as good, and if so if I could get a link to one?

Last edited by a moderator:
I just bought a Cap Shield. It was the Rubies Age of Ultron shield, it was around $40 AUD on Ebay.

Gonna have to put some work into it though cause it is a little floppy.

I'd also recommend you check out Cosplay Chris and his Infinity War Cap costume, might give you some good tips.

Keep us updated man.

White sheep leather all the way. Seen both companies products reviewed and the white sheep costumes may cost more but they're made of are much better. I have a costume from them coming in the next 2 weeks.
I'd suggest joining the Facebook group called 'Build a better Captain America'. Lot of advice and reviews on there. :)

I have the Cosplaysky Civil War version and just recently ordered a full suit from White Sheep's Leather. I'll have to update you once the suit comes in from White sheep's leather but I can give you my opinion on the Cosplaysky version. The Cosplaysky version is going to require a lot of updating if your looking for accuracy. The top of there Civil war suit isn't separated(unless they have updated it) and the ab details are just sewn in with no raised panels.The legs were pretty good overall but my knee guards needed to be re-padded they were squished in and sagged down a bit and the accessories were just ok. My main issue with it was the over all fabric, I just didn't like it, very shiny and wrinkly. Don't get me wrong the Cosplaysky is a solid suit, and with if you have/take the time to modify it, you'll have an amazing suit. I plan to turn mine into the infinity war version. But looking forward to my white sheep one once It comes in.
As far as the shield goes I made one using Valor's method which is on here, he takes a flexible flyer sled and turns it into a shield and it's amazing how they turn out. I also have the marvel legends plastic one which I love, it's great for Cons or other functions where there I wouldn't/ can't take a stainless steel one. They have jumped in price recently I think I got mine for amazon for $89.99 so hopefully they will come down soon, Also maybe check if you have a local ToysRus they are going out of business so you may get lucky and they might have one. Hope this helps and I agree with mracole definitely join up with Build A Better Captain America on Facebook. You can find almost all your questions answered there, from suits, helmets and shields. They have helped me a lot and I wished I knew about them before I bought my first suit. Anyway Hope this helps and good luck.

WhiteSheepLeather for sure!
They're very helpful if you need any information on the order, just message them on facebook.
I ordered their version of the Civil War suit last year, but the Lycra version (because I'm a big dude and wanted it to stretch as much as possible) and it looked awesome.
But this year they launched a Textured Stretch Fabric, so I decided to upgrade my suit to it - it just arrived last week and man, it does look absolutely incredible and way more durable than the lycra one

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back