Weathering Cap Endgame suit?

OfficerMD

E5EF47F3-0FC1-4A56-B23B-DE55B11AE1D2.jpeg

Hi again! Recently asked about marking the shield a bit less bright - actually a few washes with detergent did the trick in dulling it down to my liking (not seen here though). Going for a cross of the Nomad and Endgame, without the helmet and adding some battle damage to my face. Don’t have my shoulder toppings on here, missing some shoes as well. Any recommendations on the shoes btw?

Next order of business would be weathering the WSL costume. Going to add the Velcro to the neck flaps so that they sit more flush as well as the back panels too like Cosplay Chris. The costume is great as it is expensive (customs was almost half of the total cost!!!!).
Yes, I’ve seen Cosplay Chris’s videos of Infinity War and Endgame suits and I’m a bit scared of doing the weathering. Got myself the pleather accessories and don’t have an airbrush. Was thinking how to weather the mid section without going too dark. Also the pleather scares me as I don’t want to break it and I don’t have much experience in weathering pleather. Baby powder brushing I can do - LOL.

Thanks for the help in advance once again!

-J

View attachment 1628617

Hi again! Recently asked about marking the shield a bit less bright - actually a few washes with detergent did the trick in dulling it down to my liking (not seen here though). Going for a cross of the Nomad and Endgame, without the helmet and adding some battle damage to my face. Don’t have my shoulder toppings on here, missing some shoes as well. Any recommendations on the shoes btw?

Next order of business would be weathering the WSL costume. Going to add the Velcro to the neck flaps so that they sit more flush as well as the back panels too like Cosplay Chris. The costume is great as it is expensive (customs was almost half of the total cost!!!!).
Yes, I’ve seen Cosplay Chris’s videos of Infinity War and Endgame suits and I’m a bit scared of doing the weathering. Got myself the pleather accessories and don’t have an airbrush. Was thinking how to weather the mid section without going too dark. Also the pleather scares me as I don’t want to break it and I don’t have much experience in weathering pleather. Baby powder brushing I can do - LOL.

Thanks for the help in advance once again!

-J
9B71D5E5-D39E-4A3F-8DAA-DC5A6559FB8D.jpeg

So no answers but thought I’d answer myself then. Used black shoepolish on gloves and metal parts of belt and harness as well as the supposedly metal parts that are actually plastic (tabs on belt pockets etc). Used it on my shield and the star emblem as well.

For the white parts I used watered down (perhaps too much watered) brown shoepolish. Then went over with watered down black shoepolish for shadows but this costume is like a sponge down there. I don’t think it’s awful but looks a bit too artificial for my liking. Tried making it a bit more organic by flicking some drops from the brush as well. It is what it is. Went over some areas with baby-powder but again lacked time to do properly. Will attach the belt from the front with Velcro (pain in the ass to find in Finland) as well as fix the collar in place with Velcro later.
Used the black shoepolish for the shield as well. Gave it a more used in battle look. When wiped with circular motion.
The fake leather I gently scraped with sanding paper along the edges, same for the spats. For boots I used the KAZ boots that I’m going to use for the Batman someday.

Overall, very happy with the suit - not so happy with my weathering though.

-J

Feel like I’m beating a dead horse here but any suggestions concerning the weathering? Especially the torso section? Would you go over with a bit stronger black shoe polish + water solution?

-J

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back