Question regarding Testors GlossCote

Jimmer

I picked up a can of Testors GlossCote and was preparing to use it on a model when I decided to research it a bit further. I purchased it at a hobby lobby and the clerk who assisted me seemed less informed than I am, which made me realize I'd better be certain that I had the correct product.

What I purchased is Testors 1261T Spray Lacquer Glosscote in a white can with a clear lid.

After researching online I came across:

Testors 1261 Gloss Cote Spray Lacquer Overcoat in a black can with a black lid.

One website even had the Testors 1261T (the product I purchased) listed as a spray paint.

My intended use is going to be applying the Gloss Coat to a finished model, then applying decals and highlighting panel lines.

If anyone has experience with Testors products, could you please let me know if I'm OK going ahead with the Testors 1261T, or would I need the Testors in the black can. (Or are they the same product?)

Thanks,
Jim

Thanks, Sglued.

Tested it on a sprue and didn't see any problems. Building a bandai kit for a buddy who doesn't model so wanted to double check.

Thanks again.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back